Senior Data Engineer: Azure, Machine Learning
Improve the lives of millions globally, helping them do more, feel better, and live longer, by leading the world’s largest CPG company in our transformation into a data enabled, technology driven culture.
As a Data Engineering Lead working for the GSK Consumer Health Global Data and Analytics team, you will be at the intersection of all the things: AI/ML, Cloud enabled Data and DevOps, and Agile ways of working scaled across the globe; applied to all parts of the business: R&D, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing. You will work with highly talented business stakeholders, data scientists, data product managers, and engineers, on career defining work leveraging the most modern tools available. Innovation will be part of your every day against the vast and endless sea of opportunities that will propel the Consumer Health business to the largest, most successful spin off in corporate history. Come join and be the crucible of change for a better world.
What we ask of you (some, not all, of the below, otherwise, who needs a team?):
Technical Skills and Experience
• Experience working first hand with data scientists to train and operationalize AI/ML models
• Deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures, covering all aspects (compliance, risk, security) of enterprise requirements
• Proven history of building and leading cross functional teams to deliver data products requiring real-time, distributed architectures
• A track record of developing and operating platforms at scale within organizations, with extensive expertise in data storage, feature engineering, and latency performance
• Have implemented scalable solutions that can be leveraged in multiple regions and globally
• Solid foundational grasp of core computer science and data structures topics, buttressed by continual learning
• A technology related BS/MS
• Leader with hands on keyboard experience, who has been responsible for the hiring and management of teams
• Full SDLC experience
• Big data and cloud experience, with a focus on model training and operationalization (Azure preferred)
• Have stood up the platforms for model training, and architected the systems for model operationalization
• Responsible for systems in production reaching customers at scale
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, API frameworks, NoSQL, Graph DBs, Cassandra, Redis, configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform), serverless, monitoring (Splunk, Elastic)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
• Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
• Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
• Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
• Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?