Data Business Analyst/Product Owner
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Guided by our shared values, the Platform team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
The responsibilities of our data Business Analyst are to work as part of a cross functional scrum teams providing business context and act as a trusted advisor.
- Connecting with key business partners and Product Owners to agree and document detailed design and acceptance criteria for both functional and non-functional requirements and project deliverables.
- Working with the delivery team to align roadmap and delivery timeframes in line with the customer expectations and resource availability.
- Apply best practice methods to investigate, analyse and document the business in terms of business functions, processes and data.
- Functional Specification Documents, User Stories (in BDD format), change requests and screen and interface design.
- Work with Product Owner and/or business stakeholders to prioritise features, identify process gaps & improvements based on business value and manage delivery by assisting with the product backlog, roadmap and strategy.
- Lead the facilitation of engaging business workshops & interviews with stakeholders from board level to frontline staff.
- Stay aware of market and industry trends to add value and innovation to the business.
- Engage in multiple projects simultaneously as well as all agile ceremonies.
- Plan and participate in system testing activity and facilitate UAT and system training where required.
- Supports scoping and estimation of effort for each user story added to the Product backlog.
- Highlighting and sharing risks associated with plans and designs.
Job related Experience
- Brilliant communicator with strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to guide group discussions and explain complex solutions
- Experience translating business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements and working with the team to produce high level technical solutions
- Experience working in Agile and Data development environments, perferably with a business analysis qualification and experience with Kanban and Scrum.
- Strong analytical and process-based skills (eg; process flow diagrams, business and process modelling, data analysis, etc)
- Experience of working with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Prioritising business needs requirements and benefits into the project / platform product backlog.
- Experience of working on Enterprise scale projects.
- Experience of scoping new projects, working on Terms of Reference/ Feasibility Studies & business cases.
- Data background – not necessarily development/programming but the ability to understand technical concepts and communicate fluently with solution architecture and developers.
- To be able to effectively lead and develop a newly established team of Data innovation delivery team to drive a product-led mindset and rapid delivery of data products that support the strategic direction of GSK Consumer Healthcare
Role will be working from home
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?