Data Report Developer
The responsibilities of our Data Innovation Report Developers are to work as part of a cross functional scrum teams providing top end user experience and design by Design, build and deploy data solutions (primarily on Azure and Power BI but not exclusively),In the form of rapid prototyping of data products and Dashboards to demonstrate proof of concept /valueCreate visualizations and reports for requested data and development of a single plane of glass for multiple data sources.
Designing and building effective dashboard layouts and reports. Utilising the navigation features to guide user to insights through a compelling data-driven story.Development of Power BI data ingestion using Power Query, Dataflows, tabular modelling and DAX measure definition.Using design led thinking, information design and selection of appropriate visualisations. Supported by UX/UI experts and product teams with iterative development based on regular feedback.
Extensive database development experience in Data Analysis and Data modelling, Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL, MySQL .Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future. Creation of tools to collect and store data, and feedbackDevelop and update technical documentation.Working with our testing & support team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.Security design including the implementation of row-level security if required. Analysis ofDelivery of the product through the development and testing environments into live, production workspaces. Advising on change control, embedding and user training needs.Work in a cross functional delivery team
- Proven experience as a BI/Data Developer/analyst
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure resources;
- Azure SQL DB / DW
- Data Factory
- Storage Accounts (Blob Store / Data Lake)
- SQL - preferable T-SQL
- Industry experience 2+ years particularly with Power BI, Qlik or Tableau
- Background in data analysis and/or data warehouse design (eg dimensional modelling)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Worked as an effective member of a scrum team using modern agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, enough to deal with internal and external contacts at all levels, including the ability to communicate effectively with people of different nationalities/cultures working in different time zones
- Power Query - ingestion of various data sources
- DAX - for complex measure development
- Power BI Service - workspaces, apps, security
- Understanding of Pro vs. Premium features and suitability
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with C#, Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Cosmos DB, Databricks, and Azure Stream Analytics a plus
- To be able to effectively lead and develop a newly established team of Data innovation delivery team to drive a product-led mindset and rapid delivery of data products that support the strategic direction of GSK Consumer Healthcare
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?