Principal statistician, Clinical Statistics
We are searching for a talented and effective statisticians who would relish the opportunity to join GSK and work in an Internationally based Clinical Statistics Team, and play a key role on an exciting, high priority drug project.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies
- Providing statistical contributions and strategic input to clinical development plans
- Providing input into regulatory strategy
- Collaborating and providing input to cross-functional clinical development teams
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners including to deliver on business needs
Within GSK, Clinical Statistics is part of a broader group called Quantitative Sciences which also includes Pharmacokineticists and Epidemiologists. Our Statisticians develop close links with these groups and have lots of opportunity to take part in world-class methodological research, as well as fulfil their vital role on project teams, taking leadership on all statistical aspects for clinical projects and influencing clinical development plans.
Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our Statisticians get the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early discovery through to registration and marketed product support.
We reward staff who demonstrate innovative thinking, have excellent communication skills and who are able to successfully influence project strategy.
Applications are particularly sought from those with a demonstrated track record of delivery including innovative and flexible approaches to Clinical trial design and analysis. Applicants are strongly encouraged to clearly describe in their cover letter how they meet these experiences and the other requirementsof the role. Candidates will be short listed for interview based upon the key criteria specified.
- MS in statistics or related field with minimum 2 years pharmaceutical or related experience or
- PhD (or equivalent) in statistics or related field
- A good understanding of drug development processes and strategies, with proven ability to apply innovative statistical thinking to meet project and/or business objectives.
- Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
- Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- A demonstrated capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- A demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?