- Provide Broker instructions
- Manage any queries related to imports process
- Oversight of Duty Override weekly check.
- Accountability for GSK SOP.
- Accountability for Broker CFSP day to day working instructions
- Update data required for R&D SLA e.g. time taken on operational activities
- Update Impatex system managed by the UK broker with product details and suppliers.
- Master file data management
- Check customs data report against broker import data to ensure no discrepancies
- Provide site information for C79 VAT returns
- Trigger requests for classifications from the Duty Management Team
- Conduct business monitoring of processes related to UK Customs
- Educated to degree level or experience in a custom, duty management, logistics role or data management
- Documentation management
- Effective communication and people skills
- Data management
- Problem Solving and issue resolution
- The role requires managing large volumes of data and transitions. Queries must be dealt with daily and different challenges may occur because of this. Clear and structured document management is key to support audits that may result.
- Operational excellence experience
- Risk analysis experience
- Experience of import and export processes
- Effective license management
- HTS classification
- Country of origin determination
- Understanding of inco-terms
Knowledge and Application
- The role requires an understanding of import procedures for the UK and the transactional components that support the clearance of shipments. The roles key function is to provide GSK’s nominated Broker with the correct clearance instructions for imports.
Problem Solving and Innovation
- A large volume of different products arrive into the UK for GSK to customs clear. In order to know what clearance instruction is correct the Imports Specialist must know what the product is and what it is used for. On occasions this requires research and consultation with the relevant subject matter experts to arrive at the correct decision.
- The role requires interaction with multiple teams with GSK’s network. This includes but is not limited to GSK’s Customs Duty Management team, GSK Global Logistic Compliance, GSK end users and DHL UK (nominated customs broker). The role will require the individual to provide clear lines of communication with all relevant parties to ensure correct transitions occur with the scope of imports.
Role will be working from home
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?