GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) to support its Data Disposition (DD) workstream on the JV Integration Programme. The SBA will work with the DD Lead to help assess the data being ingested to GSK to assess risks and develop a set of recommendations for future controls/policies.
Specifically, GSK are looking to implement a new software tool that analyses data, and a BA is required to help develop the business cases and plan for this work alongside supporting the integration.
The Data Disposition team is a business focussed function interfacing into the wider business with strong links back into the technical (IT) function(s). Predominantly our work centres around post-transaction integration or separation activities and we are seeking individuals that have extensive hands-on experience in managing large workstreams of this nature. Specifically, we are looking for people who have a good experience in M&A programmes and can demonstrate a good understanding of the wide range of issues that are associated with data separation between companies. We are not responsible for Tech execution and therefore are not looking for Technical project resources.
- Undertake business analysis and design for business data requirements relating to the systems and applications employed by the business functions.
- Working closely with the Technical delivery teams in the separation of the applications to the new CH environment, ensure that the business data disposition requirements are understood by the technical teams and that these requirements are being met.
- Undertake analysis of the metadata available for electronic data repositories and develop the process for data discovery to determine what data is required to be transferred to the CH environment.
- Develop process and procedures for guiding the end-users through the migration activities.
- Working closely with the Technical delivery teams in the technical solutions for bulk migration of unstructured data.
- Ensure defined business requirements are being met, with formal change control employed to these as necessary.
- Work with Records Management in the extraction and analysis of available Metadata and design an
• A highly capable Senior Business Analyst with demonstrable experience in mergers & acquisition projects, especially disposition and separation activities.
• Solid experience in cross-functional, business facing data disposition.
• Whilst this is a business role, a solid appreciation and understanding of the technical challenges and opportunities is required.
• The candidate will need to be able to translate the resultant disposition design into processes and instructions that the end-users are able to simply and safely employ.
• A good understanding and respect for regulations pertaining to the storage, use and movement of data including a keen understanding of security protocols necessary for the movement of sensitive data.
• A solid understanding on the time implications for moving vast amounts of data along with analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach to team and stakeholder engagement and involvement in the design of practical solutions.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, able to swiftly build strong and effective working relationships.
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?