Senior Business Analyst (Data Disposition)
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) to work across the Data Disposition (DD) workstreams on the CH Separation programme. The SBA will work with the 3 Workstream Leads for data disposition relating to Structured, Unstructured and Physical data to the new CH environment In addition the SBA will assist in analysis activities relating to data continued to be held by the disposing company through a Long Term Access Agreement.
The Data Disposition team is a business focussed function interfacing into the wider business with strong links back into the technical (IT) function(s). Predominantly our work centres around post-transaction integration or separation activities and we are seeking individuals that have extensive hands-on experience in managing large workstreams of this nature. Specifically, we are looking for people who have a good experience in M&A programmes and can demonstrate a good understanding of the wide range of issues that are associated with data separation between companies. We are not responsible for Tech execution and therefore are not looking for Technical project resources.
Managing a large work stream in GSK requires a very organised and proactive individual who can demonstrate thought leadership to solve problems, communicate effectively with large groups of stakeholders (at varying degrees of seniority) and exercise flexibility in performing their role. This is a small, niche team and successful candidates are expected to operate competently at all levels of project activity (ranging from administrative activities to compiling presentations for programme leadership
Within the Structured data disposition workstream:
- Undertake business analysis and design for business data requirements relating to the systems and applications employed by the business functions.
- Working closely with the Technical delivery teams in the separation of the applications to the new CH environment, ensure that the business data disposition requirements are understood by the technical teams and that these requirements are being met.
• Within the Unstructured data disposition workstream:
- Undertake analysis of the metadata available for electronic data repositories and develop the process for data discovery to determine what data is required to be transferred to the CH environment.
- Develop process and procedures for guiding the end-users through the migration activities.
- Working closely with the Technical delivery teams in the technical solutions for bulk migration of unstructured data.
• Within the Physical data disposition workstream:
- Ensure defined business requirements are being met, with formal change control employed to these as necessary.
- Work with Records Management in the extraction and analysis of available Metadata and design an approach for agreeing with data owners what data is required to be transferred, how, and when.
• Across all workstreams, work with the wider DD team and business representatives in the assessment and agreement of specific business requests to not migrate data, instead opting for a Long Term Access Agreement to this data.
• Employ Requirements Traceability to ensure all requirements are addressed satisfactorily.
• Liaise with business teams in actions necessary to support the execution phase of the data migration across all workstreams.
• Participate as necessary in the planning for the various migration events and activities. Ensure definition and employment of controls and checks for accurate data transfer at the points of transfer.
• Consider plans and approach to address the embedding and operation of the migrated data during a “testing and trialling” period, to ensure all required business processes and activities are able to continue seamlessly post-separation.
• Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment
• A highly capable Senior Business Analyst with demonstrable experience in mergers & acquisition projects, especially disposition and separation activities.
• Solid experience in cross-functional, business facing data disposition.
• Whilst this is a business role, a solid appreciation and understanding of the technical challenges and opportunities is required.
• The candidate will need to be able to translate the resultant disposition design into processes and instructions that the end-users are able to simply and safely employ.
• A good understanding and respect for regulations pertaining to the storage, use and movement of data including a keen understanding of security protocols necessary for the movement of sensitive data.
• A solid understanding on the time implications for moving vast amounts of data along with analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach to team and stakeholder engagement and involvement in the design of practical solutions.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, able to swiftly build strong and effective working relationships.
• Experienced in the design and participation in migration events, with ability to lead in the design of associated controls and checks to ensure all critical data has been safely migrated.
• Previous experience in the consumer health and/or pharmaceutical industry
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?