Programme Manager (Unstructured Data Disposition)
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to be ‘Work Stream Lead’ for one of several workstreams related to the separation of data between GSK and Consumer Healthcare. Data Disposition (DD) is a cross-functional work stream covering every function from the business. One of the work streams relates to the identification, separation and transfer of unstructured electronic data across the company. The Work stream Lead is a business facing role, responsible for managing the interaction between business stakeholders (the data owners) and the Tech organisation. The work stream lead will be responsible for engaging all areas of the business to define the scope of data to be separated and /or migrated between the companies. This will involve managing a large network of data owners from across the company, and will work very closely with the communications and tech teams to plan the separation /migration activities. It is important to note that the technical migration of data will be managed by the Tech programme and not the DD work stream. The role of the DD work stream is to lead the engagement, communications and planning with the business teams and resolve issues specifically relating to the separation of data.
This work stream and programme will run until mid 2022, potentially into 2023. The contract will be for an initial 6 months with extensions expected for those who can demonstrate the right capabilities.
The Data Disposition team is a business focussed function interfacing into the wider business with strong links back into the technical (IT) function(s). Predominantly our work centres around post-transaction integration or separation activities and we are seeking individuals that have extensive hands-on experience in managing large workstreams of this nature. Specifically, we are looking for people who have a good experience in M&A programmes and can demonstrate a good understanding of the wide range of issues that are associated with data separation between companies. We are not responsible for Tech execution and therefore are not looking for Technical project resources.
Managing a large work stream in GSK requires a very organised and proactive individual who can demonstrate thought leadership to solve problems, communicate effectively with large groups of stakeholders (at varying degrees of seniority) and exercise flexibility in performing their role. This is a small, niche team and successful candidates are expected to operate competently at all levels of project activity (ranging from administrative activities to compiling presentations for programme leadership
- Assume control of the Data Disposition workstream for Unstructured data with day-to-day responsibility for interfacing between the technical teams and the appointed functional business representatives.
- Employ standard project management processes at the workstream level for: project planning; milestone tracking; reporting; management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Ensure defined business requirements are being met, with formal change control employed to these as necessary. Employ Requirements Traceability to ensure all requirements are addressed satisfactorily.
- Work with the wider DD team, business representatives and technical teams in the assessment and agreement of specific business requests to not migrate required data, instead opting for a Long Term Access Agreement to this data.
- Work with technical teams in the extraction and analysis of Metadata available on certain electronic repositories (Fileshare, SharePoint, MS Teams, emails, etc.) and design an approach for agreeing with data owners what data is required to be transferred, how, and when.
- Assume responsibility for liaising with business teams in actions necessary to support the execution phase of the data migration, including requirements for business assistance in data cleansing and separation/preparation.
- Lead/participate in the planning for the various migration events, specifically of defining clear procedures for end users to self-migrate where required. Ensure definition and employment of controls and checks for accurate data transfer at the points of cut-over.
- Consider plans and approach to address the embedding and operation of the migrated data during a “testing and trialling” period, to ensure all required business processes and activities are able to continue seamlessly post-separation.
- Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment
- A highly experienced and capable senior project manager with demonstrable experience in data disposition within projects pertaining to mergers, acquisitions and disposals (separations).
- Specific experience / knowledge required in the disposition of data held in electronic repositories, including FileShare, SharePoint, OneDrive’s, MS Teams, Emails, local drives, etc.
- Whilst business facing, the candidate will need an excellent understanding of the electronic end-user systems, able to communicate effectively with the technical teams and translate the resultant disposition design into processes and instructions that the end-users are able to simply and safely employ.
- A good understanding and respect for regulations pertaining to the storage, use and movement of data including a keen understanding of security protocols necessary for the movement of sensitive data.
- A solid understanding on the time implications for moving vast amounts of data along with analytical problem-solving skills in the design of practical solutions.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, able to swiftly build strong and effective working relationships with a collaborative approach to team and stakeholder engagement.
- Experienced in the production of business focussed instructions for the execution of self-migration of required data.
- Experienced in the design and participation in migration events, with ability to lead in the design of associated controls and checks to ensure all critical data has been safely migrated.
- Previous experience in the consumer health and/or pharmaceutical industry
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?