Programme Manager (Data Disposition – Structured DD)
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to be ‘Work Stream Lead’ for one of several workstreams related to the separation of data between GSK and Consumer Healthcare. Data Disposition (DD) is a cross-functional work stream covering every function from the business. One of the work streams relates to the separation of structured data from applications across the company. The Work stream Lead is a business facing role, responsible for managing the interaction between key business stakeholders and the Tech organisation. The work stream lead will be responsible for ensuring close business involvement throughout the separation process, and for resolving business issues specifically relating to the separation/segregation of data between companies. It is important to note that the technical migration and execution will be managed by the Tech programme and not the DD work stream. The role of the DD work stream lead is to work with business data owners and facilitate decisions on which data must be separated and /or migrated.
This work stream and programme will run until mid 2022, potentially into 2023. The contract will be for an initial 6 months with extensions expected for those who can demonstrate the right capabilities.
The Data Disposition team is a business focussed function interfacing into the wider business with strong links back into the technical (IT) function(s). Predominantly our work centres around post-transaction integration or separation activities and we are seeking individuals that have extensive hands-on experience in managing large workstreams of this nature. Specifically, we are looking for people who have a good experience in M&A programmes and can demonstrate a good understanding of the wide range of issues that are associated with data separation between companies. We are not responsible for Tech execution and therefore are not looking for Technical project resources.
Managing a large work stream in GSK requires a very organised and proactive individual who can demonstrate thought leadership to solve problems, communicate effectively with large groups of stakeholders (at varying degrees of seniority) and exercise flexibility in performing their role. This is a small, niche team and successful candidates are expected to operate competently at all levels of project activity (ranging from administrative activities to compiling presentations for programme leadership
- Assume control of the Data Disposition workstream for Structured data (relating to systems and applications) with day-to-day responsibility for interfacing between the technical teams and the appointed functional business representatives.
- Employ standard project management processes at the workstream level for: project planning; milestone tracking; reporting; management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Ensure defined business requirements are being met, with formal change control employed to these as necessary. Employ Requirements Traceability to ensure all requirements are addressed satisfactorily.
- Work with the wider DD team, business representatives and technical teams in the assessment and agreement of specific business requests to not migrate data, instead opting for a Long Term Access Agreement to this data.
- Assume responsibility for liaising with business teams in actions necessary to support the execution phase of the data migration, including requirements for business assistance in data cleansing and separation/preparation.
- Participate in planning for the migration events, specifically of defining controls and checks for accurate data transfer at the point of cut-over.
- Consider plans and approach to address the embedding and operation of the migrated data during a “testing and trialling” period, to ensure all required business processes and activities are able to continue seamlessly post-separation.
- In addition to managing the Structured workstream, the candidate will also be expected to support the Data Disposition Director in designing and documenting a reusable Strategy and Methodology for future integrations, disposals/separation.
- Be a member of a growing team; help define and influence team culture & environment
- A highly experienced and capable business senior project manager / programme manager with demonstrable experience in managing cross-functional data disposition within projects pertaining to mergers, acquisitions and disposals (separations).
- Whilst business facing, the candidate will need a very good understanding of the technical applications environment, able to communicate effectively with the technical teams and relay this simply to the business stakeholders.
- Ability to define bespoke methodologies for data disposition, building associated business processes and models.
- A good understanding and respect for regulations pertaining to the storage, use and movement of data
- Analytical problem-solving approach with a collaborative approach to team and stakeholder engagement and involvement
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, while working independently
- Experienced in the production of business focussed instructions for the preparation and separation of required data.
- Experienced in the design and participation in migration events, with ability to lead in the design of associated controls and checks to ensure sensitive data has been separated successfully
- Previous experience in the consumer health and/or pharmaceutical industry
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?