Remote / Brentford
12 month contract
Up to £600 per day via Umbrella Only
This role reports into the Transformation Project Management Office which is responsible for deliver the Integration of Pfizer Consumer Health with GSK Consumer Health and ultimately the separation of GSK Consumer Health.
• Reports to Project Director (Separation PMO Lead) within Transformation Project Office
• Stakeholder Management across a matrix team of 5-20 people
• Based at GSK House, Brentford
This role is vital in the implementation of the most important elements of the Consumer Healthcare and Future Ready strategy. The impact of the role is immediate in terms of ensuring effective organisation, mobilisation, planning and executing of the Integration and Separation Programmes. Effective oversight, reporting and stakeholder management of these strategic programmes is vital to CH and thus GSKs return to shareholders.
• Own and execute all elements of reporting to inform effective oversight and escalation for the Consumer Health Separation & Integration programmes
• Take the complex environment of the CH Separation & Integration and can translate into a simple picture of progress, issues/risks and escalations for executive reporting to CEO and GSK Board
• Interface with all workstreams to act as a point of escalation for programme specific governance meeting
• Interface with the Future Ready Office to make sure their reporting requirements are understood, complementary to Consumer Health reporting and completed in a timely way
• Be a programme wide champion of providing a clear picture of progress, issues and blockers to ensure the programme is executed as efficiently as possible.
• Be a strong second the Separation PMO Lead and deputise for key meetings.
• Be a key member of the Separation Management Office leading internal meeting such as the regular team Huddles
• Onboarding of new Separation Team members to help them understand how governance, reporting and oversight work
• KPI’s (review, consolidation and simplify messaging)
• Steerco preparation
• Proven self-starter
• Spots complexity and understands approaches to deal with it
• Rapid learning ability to deal with complex and novel situations
• Actively seek assistance to deal with situations beyond own ability to manage
• Questions for understanding
• Sustained high energy levels, energises team and can influence it to tackle problems
• Highly objective, open and honest about issues
• Credibility when dealing with Senior Stakeholders
Required Soft Skills
• Is credible when challenging/leading senior stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role
• Forms effective and lasting networks with colleagues across functions
• Advanced listening skills. Able to interpret the stakeholder needs and views and manage them by providing suitable project solutions
• Good knowledge of multi cultural and multi functional specificities and ways of working
• Able to effectively influence within project team and across stakeholder groups
• Competent in working with team dynamics and leadership principles
• Organisational: Managing a highly complex project made up of numerous workstreams
• Functions / Geographies: Across multiple GSK functions and geographies
• Matrix Management: Comfortable in influencing without authority across functions up to the functional management teams.
• Decision Making: Able to design and embed bespoke decision-making process to suit project complexity and structure
• External Parties: Actively involved in on-boarding and on-going management of external parties. Effectively integrates external teams into the project structure.
• Ability to extract key messages, understand what is important to the program and the executive audience whilst delivering appropriate written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to deliver in a face paced, complex environment and comfortable working with ambiguity
• Large scale transformation programme experience, particularly closely with change and comms teams within a corporate environment
• 3-5 years of project management skills and aptitude coupling both hard and soft skills that has included multifunctional projects in a complex matrix.
• Experience of managing multiple complex stakeholders in different functions and regions. Aptitude or experience to teach and coach project management, continuous improvement and GSK Fundamentals.
• Project experience should include the design, planning, governance, phasing and implementation of a projects as well as tools and techniques for issues and risk management, decision making and reporting within the rigour of a PMO
• Well developed soft skills are essential for success.
• MS Project and SharePoint fluent, good working knowledge of MS Office
• Project or Programme Management qualification (Eg APM, PMI, MSP or Prince 2)
• Appreciation of organisation risk management
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?