Analytical Scientist: Mass Spectrometry, Small Molecules
Exciting opportunity for a mass spectrometrist to join a team in an industry leading pharmaceutical company.
The successful candidate will join a team that utilises state-of-the-art LC-MS and GC-MS instrumentation in order to provide key information for projects at all stages of pharmaceutical development (from early phase development to marketed product support). In this hands-on position the successful candidate will primarily undertake structural characterisation work of small molecules by mass spectrometry (LC-MS and GC-MS). The successful candidate will work with a high level of autonomy and contribute to analytical projects (from sample preparation through to final report). The successful candidate must be a high calibre analytical chemist graduate/PhD with some experience performing small molecule structural LC-MS (and/or GC-MS) analysis.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Structure elucidation of small molecules by mass spectrometry
- Developing novel LC-MS (and/or GC-MS) methods
- Running and basic maintenance of high resolution mass spectrometers to GMP requirements
- Writing reports on a regular basis to GMP requirements
- Presenting of results
- BSc/PhD in Chemistry or related field
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with LC-MS and/or GC-MS
- Proven track record of experience in structure elucidation by MS
- Experience optimising and/or developing chromatographic and instrument methods
- Experience in regulated GMP laboratory
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?