Until May 2021
Up to £465 per day via umbrella only
This role provides risk management support to the Regional Finance Hubs covering all processes at the hub as well as potential regional specific risks that the finance hub is managing.
In particular, the risk analyst role will ensure:
1. Risk management support to the hub to ensure risk mitigation, root cause analysis and related mitigations, overall process and control deficiencies remediation, and reporting on overall status of control environment in a given region and / or assigned process, etc
2. Risk management support to process improvements in order to reduce risks as well as support to relevant operating effectiveness programs such as continuous improvement initiatives, process operating issues mitigation and remediation programs and stakeholder support and reporting for that
The role helps ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated with a sound control framework and provide adequate oversight of risks and controls within a given process on a global basis. Accountable for assessing processes and controls within a process and provide proactive risk assessments and drive risk mitigation initiatives over different business processes to ensure control soundness. The Risk Analyst is also responsible for partnering with the process organizations in the region to ensure identified solutions mitigate the risk, and to implement key control initiatives associated with corporate policies. The focus in the role is to build a culture of proactive risk assessment and business partnering to strengthen the control framework to effectively and efficiently mitigate risk.
1. Perform operational process risk assessment related to control deficiencies, root cause analysis, investigations, after action reviews, process detailed reviews, etc including adequate review of third party (Genpact) global process and regional locations
2. Review Controls Testing activities performed by a third party and corresponding reporting of control operating deficiencies to management
3. Provide risk management support on remediation activities related to control deficiencies and/or process gaps to ensure adequate risk mitigation
4. Provide risk management support to projects and continuous improvement initiatives led by the global process tower organization in Finance Services (FS) and / or the regional hub leadership team
5. Drive compliance and risk mitigation initiatives at the hub and/or global process tower
6. Stakeholder management re. to process owners and control owners in the hub and related finance third party.
7. Support enterprise risk and relevant operational risk mitigation – ensure adequate action plans and timing are created and committed to by the business
8. Support manager in preparation of risk workshops,and rmcbs
9. Continuous improvement: Propose and support use of technology to resolve risk exposures, accelerate reporting, and improve team efficiency
10. Support external audit, and other external or internal bodies in risk and control issues to reduce impact to business, increase reliance, and align on auditor’s assessment of the finance control environment for SOX reporting purposes
- minimum of 5 years Post qualification experience in internal or external audit, or SOX compliance programmes.
- Audit experience or Internal Audit Experience – process and controls assessment as part of audit experience (e.g. SOX programme)
- Risk Advisory (IA practice, ERM)
- Masters degree level & further education with a Professional Accounting / Auditing qualification.
- Must have AUDIT / RISK ADVISORY, ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATION
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?