Industrial Hygienist / EHS advisor with Industrial Hygiene specialism
- The primary focus of the role is the provision of Industrial Hygiene specific guidance, support and exposure sampling to enable the delivery of a new facility by means of commissioning new and enhanced equipment / process streams. You will be embedded in the Environment, Health and Safety Department (EHS), reporting to the existing site based Industrial Hygienist. The role will be based on the Ware R&D site for an initial period of 6 months but for the right candidate there is scope to extend.
- The role carries specific responsibilities/deliverables including:
- Project / pre-monitoring support for the assessment of operating procedures and practices, providing upfront guidance on recommended ‘good’ IH practices to achieve COSHH compliance.
- Scheduling and undertaking workplace monitoring, assessing workplace conditions and their potential impact on the health of employees
- Dispatching samples to contracted laboratories
- Calculate and record analytical results and maintain occupational hygiene records.
- The preparation of Industrial Hygiene reports, interpretation of results and the offering of recommendations.
Coordinate with site Industrial Hygienist on: -
- Resourcing / scheduling conflicts
- Stocks of monitoring media and re-ordering when required
- Dispatch of department sampling equipment for calibration/repair.
- Loading all data and associated sampling records and reports to the GSK IH data repository system (Cority)
- Provide guidance on COSHH Assessments
There may be scope to provide support for wider EHS topics for a suitable candidate, additional activities support may include: -
- Noise Monitoring and Assessments
- Work Equipment Risk Assessments
- Ergonomic assessments
- Process risk assessments
Key attributes: -
- Working toward the BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence in IH
- Have achieved the BOHS modules W501 – Measurement of Hazardous Substances (including Risk assessment) and W505 – Control of Hazardous Substances.
- Experience of the application of good occupational hygiene practice
Desirable attributes: -
- Have CertOH (BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence)
- Pharmaceutical sector experience / knowledge on the ISPE sampling guide
- NEBOSH General Certificate
37.5hrs working hours are Monday to Friday and typically cover the core hours of 10:00 – 16:00 with flex to cover the sampling activities.
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?