The HR Customer Support Consultant I is responsible for providing end-to-end ownership & ensure resolution in a wide range of employee and manager inquiries and requests that come into the Tier 1 team. The cases will range from simple to complex and many will require the HR Customer Support Consultant I working with other members of the Tier 1 group or other HR Operations partners to reach resolution.
The HR Customer Support Consultant I will engage employee or manager and will seek to understand the scope of the inquiry or request. The job holder will either proceed to providing resolution or will conduct further research and proactive management on behalf of the customer of required interactions with other HR teams prior to providing resolution. All cases will be logged into the case management tool to ensure ability to track the status and progress of all inquiries.
- • Provide end to end support for employees and managers reaching out to HR Operations via phone, live chat, web submit or email.
- • Provide appropriate and accurate information and guidance to employees and managers regarding HR and policies.
- • Create case in case management system and act as the central contact for the employee or manager, ensuring they are kept up to date with regular updates and follow up for closure.
- • Obtain and evaluate information from customer’s, clarify request and make recommendations and/or implement appropriate actions.
- • Proactively identify trends in customer’s queries and escalate common concern that need to be addressed company-wide.
- • Use knowledge management tools effectively to ensure accuracy of information and stays abreast of changes in knowledge management content.
- • Maintains deep knowledge of Workday and HR processes, and an understanding of the downstream impact of transactions to benefits, pay, and other areas (Workday experience)
- • Assist employees with navigation of web tools, including self-service
- • Work closely with HR data management team and & HR Partners (tier 2) to ensure all procedures are followed and requests completed within service level agreements.
- • Other responsibilities include coaching to colleagues and managers. Ongoing training initiatives and helping to train colleagues. There will also be projects related to operational effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- • Independently does research on policies and queries and is able to interpret GSK people policies
- • May act as an internal subject matter expert on GSK transactions/processes
- • May identify process improvement opportunities within Tier 1 and HR and between GSK and vendors
- • Evaluates cases as received & uses judgment to ensure it is handled in the best way possible, while maintaining a focus on the customer experience and managing time expectations.
- • Uses a strong working knowledge of GSK & HR to support customer requests into Tier
- • Excellent and high level of expertise in standard MS Office software (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- • Excellent written communication (language and grammar).
- • Excellent verbal communication including excellent listening skills.
- • Must work well, both independently and with a team.
- • Able to work in collaborative, cross functional team and influence without authority
- • Ability to work and maintain resilience in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- • Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously while maintaining customer communication
- • Knowledge and understanding of HR processes and procedures
- • Customer Service background
- • HR Experience preferred
- • High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- • Ability to understand root cause of issues and effectively problem solve
- • Able to present information to customers clearly and concisely and respond to challenging problems
- • Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
- • Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- • Familiar with case management and the use of the intranet for information searching
Application of Knowledge
The knowledge required in this role will be necessary to ensure that the job holder will be able to independently address all employee and manager requests. These requests will mostly be addressed based on the job holder’s knowledge of the processes and systems at GSK using the content in knowledge management tools and with minimal scripting to ensure a better customer experience. This means that the job holder will need to be very comfortable with all required capabilities needed to address and apply the knowledge appropriately.
Problem Solving & Innovation
The requests will range from simple to complex. The job holder will need to use quick problem solving skills to get to the root of the request to be able to address it appropriately. Also, there will be times when job holder will need to use appropriate problem solving to understand whether the issue requires further escalation or stakeholder involvement.
The HR Customer Support Consultant I will be interacting with several employees and managers from the US and UK on a daily basis. The job holder will need to establish rapport with the customer and address the requests with empathy. The job holder will have access to sensitive information and will need to use confidential information appropriately (PII, SPII). The job holder will need to be able to interpret and communicate complex HR processes and policies and be able to guide employees and managers effectively. The job holder will work across the US and UK and with other HR service organizations globally as needed and therefore the ability to operate effectively in an international environment. They will also need to be able to respond to complex inquiries that require information from multiple areas and systems and explain information to a customer in a clear and concise way.
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?