This role supports the Global Head of Consumer and Business Insights and Analytics. It encompasses all Executive Assistant responsibilities but has an extended accountability for organisational operational requirements as outlined below.
Meeting Organisation and Diary Management:
- Meeting organisation across time zones, including agenda management, pre-work / pre-reading organisation, anticipation of preparation time.
- Ensure leader is fully equipped for each meeting to be the most productive.
- Meeting frequency consistent with well being.
- Ensure all technical requirements are in place and working. Resolve as necessary.
- Become sufficiently acquainted with work and stakeholders to effectively be able to manage multiple priorities and requests.
- Take minutes of meetings.
- Capture all action steps, summarise and follow up prior to next meeting / deadlines.
- Ensure all regular meetings are in the diary. Following up on requirements should these be shifted for any reason.
- Attending to external guests.
- Keeping track of LT holidays.
- Handling interactions with senior stakeholders on behalf of manager
- Working with other EA’s to ensure best practice applied
- Schedule all travel. Ensure travel packs are ready with all details included.
- Ensure long term travel calendar is in place and avoid clashes.
- Prioritise travel with the CDO and LT peers.
- Consider most healthy options for travel- sufficient time between flights.
- Complete expenses in a timely manner. Ensure full compliance.
- Support approvals requested from LT – ensuring timely review and approval
- Create / maintain departmental knowledge base: contacts; preferred hotels; meeting spaces; travel etc.
- Manage all aspects of event management, partnering with LT as needed. This includes: location, travel, logistics, attendance, agenda, material readiness, technical requirements, team building actitivities.
- Coordinate all updates on budgets and consolidate.
- Ensure frequent reviews are in the diary and readiness for review.
- Follow up on questions/issues
- Coordinate talent review inputs. Ensure regular reviews are in the diary and all details are updated and pre-reading is delivered prior to the meetings.
- Organisation chart management and recruitment updates
- Pro-actively manage communication requirements to the organisation / stakeholders including: sharing minutes of key meetings as required; following up on adhoc communications that have been highlighted as necessary; pro-actively managing a communications calendar; development of communication template as needed; drafting communications; ensuring timely delivery.
- Create adhoc presentations as required.
- Work with HR on results of culture survey. Highlight strengths and areas of opportunity. Take the lead on developing an action plan with LT to further develop.
- Create project timeline master and ensure up to date for regular review with LT /direct reports.
- Ensure project RAG updates are in place in a regular and timely manner. Ensure they are ready for the relevant review meetings.
What do we need for this role?
• Have extensive experience as an Executive PA
• Be an exemplary communicator both verbally and in writing.
• Be able to take a lead in project and operational matters
• Have the confidence to assert oneself
• Be flexible and able to work and communicate with different styles
• Be proactive in raising issues, recognising needs of management
• Be able to proactively offer solutions and options to issues rather than just challenges
• Be able to learn new systems quickly and execute efficiently
• Have excellent IT skills particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Be able to multi task and have a high capacity level
• Be extremely diplomatic and patient
• e confidential and trustworthy
• Have the ability to work with different cultures and in cross functional teams
• Have a creative mind set to proactively offer solutions
• Have the ability to work well under pressure
• Able to deal with constant change
• Have a “can-do” mentality
• Have attention to detail
• Be energetic and passionate about the brand and its products
• Be organised and methodical. e able to say no in a polite manner and gently redirecting any requests to support other team members than as specified in the job spec.
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?