The Senior Development Scientist supports new product development with leading-edge analytical experience to develop and lead new product initiatives in consumer healthcare.
This role will have a specific focus on the analytical chemistry aspects of new product development, implementing analytical strategies, developing and validating test methods aligned with quality and regulatory guidelines. Other responsibilities will include interpreting analytical data, characterisation and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process, taking into account scientific and timing objectives. This position may also serve as an expert in a specific technical skill or area of analytical chemistry and act as an R&D representative on cross-functional, global teams.
- Must possess extensive analytical chemistry knowledge
- Worked in an R&D background is of preference
- Knowledge of Chromatogoprhy is highly desiarable
- Works on the development of new products, following requirements outlined in business strategies, taking into account scientific and timing objectives
- Applies leading-edge science to develop, validate and support analytical methods to support formulation development and provide support for product claims. Interpreting and reporting analytical data, setting specifications ensuring internal and external guidelines are met, including ICH and GxP requirements.
- Independently designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology
- Keeps abreast of, explores and develops new technologies and shares information with relevant teams and R&D stakeholders
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with other departments/groups and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing
- Assists Development Scientists in defining and implementing innovative solutions for assigned activities, balancing delivery of milestones with high quality standards
- Sets and refines personal priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances
- Acts as mentor/coach for more junior development scientists
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists
- Writes technical papers/presentations to enhance personal, departmental and corporate reputation.
- Develops strong external contacts to maintain awareness of developments outside of GSK through trade associations, academia and other professional bodies; strengthen and establish networks of external collaborators within academia, suppliers, etc.
- Maintains accurate experimental records; issues test methods, validation protocols and reports, writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries, issues project status and other reports
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with contractors to help facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
- Provides consultation, review and guidance to support product registration.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things; actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
- preferred Level of Education MS or Ph.D. degree
- 5 years with specific expertise in analytical chemistry
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?