Data Scientist: Python
With 3 products launching into the very competitive HIV market in the next 18 months and an ambitious plan for overall company growth, ViiV Healthcare is currently investing to expand its commercially-focused advanced analytics capabilities. The Global Advanced Analytics team will have an exciting mission to drive business performance in priority areas, bringing together an in-depth understanding of business challenges/key questions and the technical skills to drive insights through advanced analytics. Working together the team will focus on generating answers to our key business questions leading to better-informed decisions to improve how we launch and grow our key brands.
As a key member of the global advanced analytics team, the EU data scientist will be accountable for driving the development of advanced analytical models to solve challenging business problems. The individual will work with multi-disciplinary teams to understand the needs of the business and ensure that model outputs are translated into actionable business insights. This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be comfortable working in an agile environment and capable of leading delivery at pace.
- Must have strong hands on Python coding experience at least 4 or 5 years experience hands on
- Must have proven excellent programming abilities
- Contribute to a culture of agility and close partnership with the business to ensure timely delivery against critical priorities.
- Partner with leaders in the analytics team and from across the business to understand key business challenges / questions which can be addressed using advanced analytics
- Apply a broad array of modelling skills including driver analysis, machine learning and traditional statistics, to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources. This information will also need to be integrated with complementary real-world & digital information streams to address business challenges (e.g. Multi-Channel Analytics, Patient Pathways, Omni-Channel Segmentation, Territory Design, Next Best Action)
- Actively participate and able to project manage in all stages of model development from data collection, data quality control, model building, model validation, testing and calibration.
- Collaborate with teams in multiple locations for some complex analyses.
- Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage; participate in internal & external technology communities
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to audiences of various backgrounds
- Provide input on the data architecture and be a contributor to the data governance framework for ViiV
- Provide guidance to offshore data scientists and data engineers
- Partner with external agencies as needed
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?