Overall responsibility: Develops stable and useable data products for the end user, based on the output of analytical models by data scientists; as part of a community of developers, is expected to contribute to and improve the community's shared knowledge base
Overall competency: Strong background in software engineering, proficient across a diverse set of development languages and frameworks
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions and bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends
- Experiment with and learn new technologies
- Participate in internal & external technology communities
Must have Skills:
- Python (version 3 upwards), Python frameworks/Libraries, REST API services, Azure databricks and container based environments, Kafka, Azure/Cloud Infrastructure (PaaS), Scala, NoSQL databases and multi-cloud deployment exposure (Azure/GCP)
- Strong analytical skills
- Methodological competence, e.g., Agile Scrum/Kanban & test-driven development
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, other relevant engineering OR equivalent experience
- Experience – 5-6 years +
Nice to have Skills:
- Java, Java-based back-end applications,, iOS, Android native applications,, cloud technologies (e.g. Google Cloud), Jenkins suite (e.g. Cloudbees), Quality Assurance technologies (e.g. JUnit, SoapUI, Postman), Unix Shell scripting, HP Jmeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, etc.
- Familiarity with Model View Controller (MVC) design patterns, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and development best practices, must have worked as part of a large DevOps team
- Candidates must be open to discuss looking at Perm options after 3 months.
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?