Production Scheduler: Supply Chain, Logistics
The Product Development & Supply (PDS) Supply Chain is responsible for the manufacture and supply of drug product into GSK’s clinical trials world-wide. The supply chain consists of primary and secondary manufacturing pilot plants across chemical development and pharmaceutical development.
The Supply Scheduler in Global Packaging Operations (GPO) is an exciting opportunity reporting directly to the GPO Senior Business Change Lead to deliver an achievable, balanced schedule that delivers all clinical demand and manage customer service relationships with various key stakeholders in Target to Patient Supply chain (TtPSc). The Supply Scheduler must maximize capacity utilisation in the GPO site through effective planning and decision making.
Job Purpose & responsibilities
- Collect Clinical demand from the Supply Chain planning process
- Produce achievable manufacturing schedules working with the operations management team
- Respond to changes in demand and constraints in supply
- Resolve planning conflicts within the network
- Maximise capacity utilization in Global Packaging Operations
- Make supply plans visible and assure connectivity with upstream and downstream nodes in the supply chain
- Accountable for the customer service relationship with Project Leadership in GPO
- Providing measures of utilization, cycle time and schedule adherence
- Contributing to the continual development of good logistics practice in GPO
- Lead improvement activities around schedule adherence and metric use to improve operations.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chains used in commercial and clinical trials supply
- Good understanding of key logistics metrics that can be used to effectively manage the operations.
- High degree of aptitude with project management tools (such MS Project)
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain Logistics techniques used by world class supply chain organisations to drive value to operations.
- An understanding of all phases of product lifecycle from new product development and introduction to discontinuation/divestment and outsourcing.
- Understanding of all key functional areas involved in project development through Chemical Development and Pharmaceutical development preferred.
- Degree level or equivalent education preferred
- Manufacturing site experience, principally in supply chain operations (Procurement & Logistics)
- Experienced in Lean Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Experience of business wide ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to employ appropriate modelling techniques to generate business value
- Excellent project and process management skills gained within a complex matrix organization.
- Track record of creating effective networks with senior management.
- Strong communication and interface management skills, combined with the ability to influence others and achieve positive outcomes in the best interests of GSK.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, influencing and facilitating skills both individually and in a group situation to bring about local and global agreement to significant change.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?