Delivery Manager: Supply Chain
GSK is transforming its Supply Chain to align with best in class performance. To achieve this, the organisation will be required to deliver an integrated end to end Supply Chain, aligned to the business objectives.
Planning 2.0 defines a new organisational structure to streamline the current fragmented Supply Chain. This brings a new Central Planning organisation that is tailored to the business priorities set by Commercial. Changes to the job scope are required to deliver this.
This role will provide expertise to drive the improvement plan for CCC Maturity, SRM/SCRM effectiveness and coaching for the franchise-aligned planning team. You will identify opportunities and priorities for continuous improvements within the franchise-aligned planning team in terms of service performance, while better balancing this with cost, cash/inventory in order to drive Service Performance through improved leadership decision-making.
Partnering the Global Process Owner, Capability, Analytics, Data Quality, and ERP SME resources both within the Supply Chain Performance team and within the Supply Chain Services function to co-develop and deploy necessary process/tool Capability enhancements in the franchise-aligned planning team
Key Responsibilities include
- Partnering with the by Global Process Owner or Capability teams in the Supply Chain Services function, deploy the CCC capability / competency framework defined. Support team managers in the franchise-aligned planning team to create and drive improvement plans for the CCC processes they run e.g. SRM, SCRM; and development plans for their team members
- Provide expertise/support for Supply Chain Planning Directors and Planning Leads to develop ‘what if’ and risk mitigation scenarios for the E2E supply chain e.g. identify options and recommendations to maximise service and financial performance
- Recommend key improvement initiatives for driving improved supply chain performance working with key stakeholder groups e.g. Franchise team, Logistics, Procurement, Finance
- Define reporting standards and KPIs for the therapy supply chain, including leading indicators.
- Own, produce and maintain value stream maps for the therapy
- Lead a supply chain continuous improvement programme to deliver service, cost and cash benefits; creates appropriate tracking and reporting mechanisms for performance
- Work with Supply Chain Services function to provide supply chain modelling and both internal and external benchmarking to assess performance
- Deploy changes to processes and systems as a result of projects, new tools and other business changes, ensuring seamless transition to business as usual
- Ensure required consistency with other franchise-aligned planning teams in standards, processes and tools
- On-board new starts to GSK & the Central Planning team
- Advocate greater use of automation/digitalisation and drive system data/parameterisation quality improvements. Build capabilities in planner community to ensure data accuracy and completeness, including data accuracy KPIs
- Functional system subject matter expert and first point of contact in the team for system related improvement / fixes, includes translating business requirement into system requirement, coordinate testing and rolling out of new system functionalities
- Conduct or coordinate training, strengthening use of processes, systems and tools to improve efficiency and productivity
- Degree level qualification or equivalent qualification/experience in an appropriate business or technical area
- Expert knowledge of Supply Chain processes and systems architecture within a business environment.
- Practical understanding of core business processes including product lifecycle (new product launch thru generic/discontinuation), regulatory change management, and supplier/customer management processes
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain planning systems (SAP) and core data parameters that drive planning outcomes
- Continuous improvement mindset – from identification through to delivery
- Demonstrated ability to extract and integrate business intelligence including benchmarking information and deliver scenario planning to benefit the supply chain organization.
- Ability to influence stakeholders up to VP level, articulating complex supply chain problems into easily understood solutions / recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to lead delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary projects across a team of skilled supply chain professionals.
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity