Finance Business Partner: Tech Finance Partnering, CAPEX
- Must hold recognised finance qualification (ACCA/ACMA preferred)
- Significant experience of Finance Partnering and managing project budgets, ideally in a Tech environment. This will require excellent capability to interpret financial results, within the commercial context to explain performance.
- A deep understanding of and ability to calculate financial ratios (e.g. ROI, NPV and Payback) in order to identify high value areas of investment
- Strong excel and SAP experience and skills
- Demonstrated capability to be able to operate in a commercial role, working closely with operational teams and delivering impacts to the bottom line. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech business partnering experience
- Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial/ operational project teams to drive value making decisions.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with senior stakeholders required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-national team at various management levels.
- Invest time to understand the commercial context for any given project, so that financial guidance on prioritisation decisions can be put forward.
- CH tech Finance lead for budgeting, forecasting and tracking spend for all CH tech funded CAPEX projects in support of the Consumer Healthcare business in GSK.
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate NPV, ROI and Payback calculations are developed for each project and used for purposes of investment decision making. Ensure that the project remains on track to deliver those.
- Produce the monthly CAPEX reporting packs according to prescribed month-end timelines – to include spend versus target plus monthly latest estimate updates.
- Ensure key monthly market Actuals metrics are correctly stated to enable confident sign-off by FD
- Responsible for meeting all applicable SOX and controls framework requirements related to CAPEX projects.
- Ensure all project resources correctly reported against the relevant project codes and produce any required accruals in accordance with prescribed month-end timelines.
- Provide management with clear, concise and meaningful reporting and analysis; communicate appropriate explanation for exceptions and variances.
- Engage GSK Tax, Transfer pricing, systems accounting experts as necessary to resolve challenges that maybe arise and drive to solution
- Deliver Month-end close in accordance to prescribed timelines and controls requirements.
- Clear/concise communications on financial and operational topics
- Presentations to management to update on progress/ guide decision making
- Develop budget / forecasts for CAPEX projects monthly or quarterly as required
- Work with Project teams quarterly to deliver accurate spend tracking and forecasting for Big Room Planning (both financial and value delivery updates)
- Develop significant knowledge of the major projects and raise awareness of any financial risks/issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Act as single point contact for understanding of all capex and deprecation relating to market requiring FD signoff.
Our Consumer Healthcare (CH) business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories. We have a portfolio of loved and trusted brands that are underpinned by science including: Sensodyne, Parodontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
In August 2019 we announced that we had completed our transaction with Pfizer to combine our consumer healthcare businesses into a new world-leading Consumer Healthcare Joint Venture. The Joint Venture combines our portfolio of brands with Pfizer's, which include Advil, Centrum and Caltrate.
This role will support will drive and support the global CH project portfolio. It is responsible for partnering with the CH Tech team delivering global projects primarily using agile approach, from an operational and financial perspective. This includes some M&A related projects, such some Pfizer integration and CH separation.
This role needs to operate in a commercial and financial environment, to help deliver financial savings and commercial thinking, forecast project outturns.
The successful candidate will need to understand the commercial context in order to challenge budget owners to deliver maximum return for the most cost-effective investment.
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity