To work as part of a team supporting a defined production area providing a technical service. This will involve provision of a troubleshooting service, working on technical projects and supply of technical data. Work will be undertaken in laboratory, pilot plant and production environments. All work must be conducted in compliance with specified GMP and EHS standards
- Completing and reporting technical trials to support development and validation exercises.
- Physical analysis of samples
- Provide technical support to the Business unit, to resolve technical problems.
- Provision of technical data to relevant support areas in accordance with defined procedures.
- Regularly Interface with Managers up to Operations Manager Level.
Responsibilities applicable to all roles at ZSC Barnard Castle site:
- To work as a flexible and motivated member of the team.
- To follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Standards of Work (SW) applicable and in which the individual has been trained.
- To act at all times in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and to report any quality issues.
- To act in a safe manner, always (in compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, and all other relevant legislation) and to use GSK safety reporting systems to highlight potential hazards.
- To remain up to date with all training requirements (both ‘classroom’ courses and computer- based training through the ‘My Learning’ internal platform).
- To take part in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities to highlight improvements to equipment and processes.
- To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) processes.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Comply with all GMP guidelines and all Regulatory requirements, ensuring all documentation is of a standard acceptable to external inspectors (MHRA/FDA).
- Proactively assist in adherence to departmental Quality Plans.
- Project/experimental work must be recorded and reported appropriately in line with procedures, with high standards of written work maintained in both laboratory note books and formal reports. The recording of experimental work must be in a timely manner i.e. laboratory notebooks must be completed at the time work is completed/observations noted. Reports/TM's should be to the format specified in the NPI-PT document guidelines and expectations of report authoriser.
- Be aware of GPS principles and with support be able to use some of the tools as required.
- Assist in GPS projects where required and provide relevant technical input.
- Ensure and maintain safe working environment at all times, complying with Company guidelines and statutory legislation.
- To have a direct line report to the Project Leader on all matters regarding the project.
- Liaise effectively with other members of the project team, the Project Leader and other functional specialists.
- Ensure that input is based on the best/up to date information/advice available on site and within the company.
- Ensure that all project team members and the Project Leader are kept fully informed of technical issues.
- Ensure that the Project Leader is advised of any resource issues such that the project is properly resourced and effectively executed.
- Ensure that the Project Leader is kept advised of any changes impacting on the project such that the project leader can monitor and update progress against the project plan.
- Fulfil the role and objectives as defined by the Project Leader.
- To act as a point contact and provide an effective troubleshooting service for the specific production areas of the Business unit that have been allocated as the responsibility of the Technologist.
- All production, QA, engineering and operational planning staff working to be kept informed of identity of the troubleshooting point contact and the role being performed and any subsequent changes.
- The conclusions and recommendations from a troubleshooting investigation must be reported in written format to the department and any other affected groups. Actions resulting from the investigation must be managed through to completion.
- Contacts developed with the internal and external groups that are the potential cause or solution of troubleshooting problems. These groups must be informed of all relevant issues, problems and remedial actions.
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity