As part of the Future Ready programme, we have an exciting one-time opportunity for a high calibre programme manager to join us and create two, new leading companies, each with the ability to improve the health of hundreds of millions of people. The Future Ready programme will allow us to prioritise Innovation where it is needed most and get medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products to the people who need them, faster.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
In this position, the Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the EVO Leadership Team with their future EVO organisation as part of the Future Ready programme and provide operational leadership to deliver robust, fit for purpose plans. Additionally, you will monitor and control the execution of the plans through their lifecycle while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans.
The Project Manager will support the planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting of activities and milestones of the Future Ready strategy and will also provide scenario planning to support robust decision making through in-depth analysis of program activities.
- Lead program design effort, including team resourcing and structure, governance, issue/risk escalation and decision processes, ways of working, etc.
- Work with the broader GSF Future Ready Management Office on updating our plans and escalating any issues/risks
- Work with business leaders to agree on creative solutions to program challenges
- Translate objectives to clear deliverables and work packages
- Manage and coordinate team members or smaller teams towards delivery
- Facilitate focused meetings towards actionable outcomes and resolutions
- Establish effective program tracking/reporting processes suitable for reporting at various management levels
- Identify and manage effectively ongoing issues and potential risks
- Formulate, understand, and prioritise strategic questions and choices
- Abstract principles from findings, and translate back principles to specific actions
- Effectively identify and apply frameworks, tools and analogies
- Breakdown problems into components and generate clear, testable hypotheses
- Conduct targeted analytics through strong logic, resourcefulness and pragmatism
- Interpret data generating relevant insights and highlighting implications
- Utilises practical communication skills to facilitate appropriate information exchange between Functional Lines, Development Program Leader, Core Teams and senior management
- Ensures project information is quickly communicated to the appropriate stakeholders, in an agreed medium, sequence and in compliance with approved standards
- Continuously enhances personal understanding and application of program management tools and methodologies in the pharmaceutical industry and other industries
- Participates in process improvement initiatives and brings in external perspective and industry-standard practices
- Performs project data analyses and reporting, as needed
- Conducts periodic health checks to ensure the quality of project planning and control.
- 5+ years in Agile Product Management/Program Management
- This should be with leading transformational programmes/projects
- 5+ Project Management PMO
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile ways of working, coaching and driving adoption of agile
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Program Management including:
- 5+ years utilising Agile Product Management- Scrum and SAFe methodologies
- Resource allocation management
- Managing Financial details/contracts
- Communicating and capturing requirements from business and tech for execution by engineering and driving delivery across multi-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Understanding of current cloud technologies with a passion for supporting technical teams
- Agile Certifications including for Advanced Scrum, Agilest, Practitioner, Project Manager
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity