Following the completion of the deal in August 2019 to combine GSK’s and Pfizer’s Consumer Healthcare businesses into a new world-leading Consumer joint venture, GSK signalled that the new Global Consumer business will be separated from GSK. A programme has been setup to identify and deliver the applications and infrastructure required for the new company to excel.
Reporting to the Finance Director – Transformation, this role will play a key role in supporting the success of the Programme. This is a highly visible role with daily contact not only with the Tech finance teams but also with the Programme Leader (Vice President) and the workstream leads.
Key overall responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- day to day partnering/ giving commercial advice to the tech workstream leads to ensure the programme delivers on time and within budget
- delivery of the monthly financial close with supporting commentary
- prioritisation of resources (spend and FTE) by challenging programme spend with the workstream leads
- maintenance of the programme forecast
- This role needs to operate in a commercial and financial environment, to help deliver financial savings and commercial thinking, forecast project outturns as well as ensuring accounting principles are adhered to.
- Must hold recognised finance qualification (ACCA/ACMA preferred)
- Experience managing project budgets
- Strong excel modelling skills
- Hold experience in finance partnering and month-end activities including (inc dashboards and commentary)
- Demonstrated capability to be able to operate in a commercial role, working closely with operational teams and delivering impacts to the bottom line. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to interpret financial results, within the commercial context to explain performance
- Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial / operational teams to drive value making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-national teams at various management levels.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with stakeholders
- Tech business partnering experience/ partnering with senior customers
- Regular interaction with delivery leads to understand progress/ risks to the program delivery. And correlate this to the financial performance
- Coordinate with business partners to track financial progress / maintenance of the workstream forecast
- Coordinate month-end close activities, including preparation of all major spend accruals, such as for project resources, POs and statement of work (SOW)
- Provide management with clear, concise and meaningful reporting and analysis; communicate appropriate explanation for exceptions and variances
- Other ad-hoc activities as deemed applicable to the role
- Work with Project teams to deliver accurate spend tracking and forecasting for the Programme
- Deliver Month-end close in accordance to prescribed timelines and controls requirements
- Clear/concise communications on financial and operational topics
- Presentations to management to update on progress/ guide decision making
- Raise financial risks/issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity