Lead Solution Architect: CI/CD Pipeline, Azure, DevOps, Python
- Must be a hands on Technical Solution Architect
- Background in any of the following: hybrid, multi- Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- TOGAF certification
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for technology and for learning.
- Working knowledge of hybrid, multi cloud & cloud native architectures
- In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (Graph, columnar, SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
- Azure, GCP certification
- Experience with tools like microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik Suite, Kafka, Infoworks, Streamsets, K8, Dockers, orchestration, Data integration.
- Implementation and design of SharePoint solutions both on-premise and SharePoint Online
- DevOps experience, preferably with Microsoft Azure DevOps Services
- Security Architecture experience
- Enterprise Integration Solutions
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing technologies. Architecting solutions in Azure, and having a deep understanding of the Azure Product Suite
- Architecting on-premise solutions and off the shelf packaged solutions e.g.) IIS+SQL, SharePoint, Finance Systems
- Knowledge and experience of all phases of the SDLC and full lifecycle implementations using traditional waterfall / iterative methodologies and agile
- Integration and data exchange - XML, JSON, REST services, connected / disconnected systems, loose coupling
- Security - Identity, Authentication, Authorisation, MFA, SAML
- Data technologies: RDBMS, SQL Server, Data Modelling
- Extensive Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with strategic customers to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
- Build technical relationships with vendors and customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the organisation and customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Evangelize and educate about GSK PSC Reference architecture, technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Help develop the technical elements of the GSK PSC go-to-market strategy, and the plan to engage with customers and partners, within your area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members.
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
Candidates must be willing/open to discuss perm after 3 months
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with GSK customers to help them make the most of the systems – on premise and on cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of digital & cloud adoption. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating and presenting technical content and sharing best practices.
Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and GSK PSC and make recommendations on platform, tools, data, security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology. Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, webinars, demos and technical workshops.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating GSK PSC customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent hybrid, multi-cloud, cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security). The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the platforms, Tools, Datawarehouse designing, model management design is essential, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
At GSK you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
GSK has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.