DevOps Manager: BI, Analytics, Delivery, Machine Learning/AI
- DevOps Manager - BI within Technology is to optimise the delivery of platforms and applications at GSK UK and join us as Senior Manager, Business Intelligence. We have a future facing approach to technology, having built multiple in-house software products including agile development of web applications and platforms. Our Engineering department brings together software, cloud infrastructure, engineering platforms, quality assurance and BI development to maintain our place at the forefront of the fast-moving technology landscape. Ensuring that our data is a key asset for the organisation is a critical part of this project, we aim to embed DevOps and DataOps methods as we work to improve our data model and the self-service tools that we offer the organisation. We are also building our capability in data science and exploring the benefits of machine learning and AI. As Senior Manager Business Intelligence, you will guide Business Intelligence Development team, consisting of a directly managed team of developers and experts, that make data a key asset for GSK. We are looking for a self-motivated person to...
- Lead the Business Intelligence development team; manage the resource to ensure optimal delivery and ensure the correct resource is in place to meet demand.
- Experienced in Kimball Methodology
- Optimise the delivery of business intelligence platforms and applications, in terms of both throughput and quality, by promoting and embedding DevOps and DataOps tools and processes and agile delivery methods as appropriate.
- Continually improve the stability and resilience of our platforms by defining and advocating work packages to address technical debt and delivering those work packages once they have been accepted into the portfolio.
- Coach and develop staff; encourage learning and personal development; cross-skill staff across the technologies within the business intelligence stack to create a flexible resource pool with no single points of failure
- Extensive experience of usage and design of tools and systems for advanced BI dashboards on cloud and on premise.
- Extensive experience of development and operation of different types of enterprise grade analytics solutions (data warehousing, data marts, OLAP cubes, self service analytics, data blending and visualisation, data mining, predictive analytics, data science platforms)
- Significant experience of different development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban).
- Familiarity with DevOps and DataOps tools and processes (CI/CD, Automated Testing, Automated Provisioning) and an understanding of their application to business intelligence platforms
- AI and Machine Learning knowledge as this helps understand algorithms, procedures and data handling.
- An understanding of application architecture, solution architecture, and enterprise architecture and the value it can add to an organisation.
- Expertise in Database systems including Oracle, SQL, Teradata, Mongo DB etc.
- Owning Reporting - set up and maintain reports and dashboards using various technical tools (SQL, Looker, Excel, etc.) to assess KPIs, vertical and country performance (growth and profitability), overall business trends, achievements and competitive landscape
- Automation - use suitable technology and architectures to build reliable and scalable solutions. You will promote a self-serve data culture by building user-friendly BI tools and teaching the business how to use them
- Owning Data - be responsible for making data always available to internal and external stakeholders and in a digestible form. This includes designing appropriate ETL processes and partnering with the BI Engineering and Data Engineering Teams to implement them
- Analysis - regularly monitor the business performance and run ad-hoc analyses to support Senior Leaders in the decision-making process
- Be obsessed with the customer - work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Service / Success to help prioritise new products and features with the aim of constantly improving the customer experience. Your recommendations will be driven by consumer behaviour, revenue impact, ROI and market trends
- Challenge the status quo - constantly share meaningful and insightful findings that will give new perspectives and inspire your colleagues
- Recommendations - both regularly and on a one-off basis provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- Supporting modelling - partner mainly with the Finance Team and Senior Leaders to share insightful analysis and provide meaningful inputs for both forecasting and scenario modelling
- Leading data due-diligence - be the go-to person for producing the analyses periodically requested by the Board of Directors. Leading data due-diligence in the context of fundraising activities
Job-Related Experience Required
- 12 – 15 years of experience in designing, deploying, delivering, establishing / running VI EDW, ODS, LDW environments in cloud or on premise.
- Extensive experience in handling and solving operational problems, design and delivery of tools and platforms.
- Extensive experience in UAT, SAT and UX for reports.
- Capable of taking business requirements and translating them into technical deliverables In order to deliver the new level of BI analytics, self service dashboards and data as a service, we need a person who can understand the business requirements and translate them into technical specifications to deliver value.
- Alos need a technical expert in BI EDW, LDW, ODS expert who can guide the team to ensure the value delivered is the source of truth. To provide accurate specifications and timely deliverance of all our products which need a good foundation of Data warehouse. Currently we are struggling to understand PSC needs for dashboards, data aggregation, automation, real time data feeds, platform tools needed etc because there is no one from our side who can provide that information to them in the format they need.
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity