To perform analyses, to support the operation of the laboratory function and to meet the business needs of GSK.
- Perform analyses as required by the business.
- Enter data onto company computer systems.
- Checking colleagues work for accuracy.
- Work in a compliant manner and ensure compliance with GxP and Health and Safety legislation.
- Perform equipment performance checks/calibration.
- Create, review and update laboratory documentation as required.
To participate in:
- Level 1 audits
- Safety inspections
- Driving Continuous Improvement
- Written: Reports, Internal problem notifications, SOP, LIR, ER, change controls, stability documents, method transfer and analytical methods.
- Meetings: Continuous Improvements, troubleshooting, team meetings, self inspections, 5s activities and Safety.
- Discussions: Investigations,
- Mails: E Mails
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- HNC or 2 years experience working in a GXP Laboratory.
- Basic training: minimum 3 months (depending on the level of previous experience)
- Approximately 2 years to develop knowledge of broad range of analytical techniques.
- Dealing with: - test result failures, atypical results and associated lab investigations, instrument failures, sample booking in errors, SAP & LIMS System’s errors, material supplier’s issues, chemical spills, GMP/GLP deviations, delays to testing Schedules.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Participate in discussion of improvements at team meetings.
- Continuous compliance activities e.g. LELs, Sop’s Change controls and method updates.
- Actions from 5s, CI and safety to agreed targets.
SYSTEMS AND IT
- E Doc
- Data bases
- Word (for reports, audits & methods)
- Excel (laboratory performance measures/visual factory)
- Statistical data
- Need to be trained in various pieces of equipment within the job role.
- Equipment must be used calibrated and maintained following local procedures.
- Materials must be used and stored in a safe manner.
- Safety glasses, footwear and lab coats are worn, plus additional PPE where required.
- Handling of highly flammable/toxic/explosive/hazardous materials.
Why Join GSK?
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.