12 Month Contract
Pay: up to £17.50 per hour (PAYE)
The Device Engineering group at GSK is an in-house design and development group charged with the development of drug delivery platforms to support the effective delivery of novel pharmaceuticals. The group comprises a multi-disciplinary group of skills – Industrial Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Computer Aided Design, Mechanical Engineering, Assembly Design, Packaging Design etc. – who develop novel concepts to establish clinical manufacturing/assembly capability with the objective of establishing a design suitable for high volume commercial supply.
We are looking to recruit a Laboratory Scientist with responsibility for testing devices/combination products to ensure critical quality attributes are achieved and can be maintained through commercial scale-up.
The successful candidate will be a graduate in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or related degree and have experience of laboratory testing in a GxP environment.
You will be responsible for executing design verification and QbD studies, ensuring that data is generated to standards appropriate for regulatory submission. As well as carrying out practical experiments, you will be expected to contribute to experimental design, working with appropriate experts such as engineering and statistical scientists to ensure studies are controlled and powered appropriately to meet targets.
You may be expected to coordinate larger testing programmes and collaborate with external partners to deliver complex work packages which enhance fundamental understanding of GSK’s drug delivery platforms.
- Write, plan and execute design verification and QBD testing programmes
- Conduct practical testing to GxP standards
- Work collaboratively with design and project teams across R&D and manufacturing (internal and external to GSK) to devise testing strategies which enhance product understanding
- Contribute to design risk assessments (e.g. FMEAs internal and external to GSK)
- Effective written and verbal communication of experimental findings and recommendations
- Technical understanding to support compilation of regulatory files
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Technical protocol and report writing
- Working to industry expectations for data integrity within a GxP environment
- Problem solving, particularly within a laboratory environment
- Excellent presentation/communication skills – comfortable in communicating concepts and conclusions of experiments to technical experts and stakeholders
- Strong time management/organisational skills
- Performance driven, driving for results and success with a sense of urgency
- Evidence of team working skills and flexibility
- Ability to work individually, as a team member or leading a small team to coordinate testing programmes
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.