12 Month Contract
Pay: up to £16 per hour PAYE
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK’s Cell & Gene Therapy Platform CMC team is being expanded to support an increasing portfolio of cell and gene therapies. The team is responsible for delivering the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) aspects of the projects from early phase to launch and the development of innovative technologies to enable step-change improvements to cell & gene therapy manufacture.
GSK has a strategic collaboration with Miltenyi Biotec, to bring together GSK’s expertise in developing cell and gene therapy based treatments with Miltenyi Biotec’s global leadership in cell processing and related technologies in cell therapy. The collaboration seeks to optimise the manufacture and delivery of these personalised therapies using increased automation and leading edge processing technology. This will facilitate delivery of the portfolio and ensure that GSK is able to capture the potential of the emerging technologies in other therapeutic areas.
A highly motivated and independent individual is sought to work within the cell process development team. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with Cell & Gene Therapy Platform CMC cell process research and analytical development scientists to establish the cell process for cell and gene therapies through both well designed experiments performed in-house and through managing experiments to be performed by Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs)
- Execute laboratory studies to develop the cell process for autologous cell/ex vivo gene therapies
- Conduct studies to develop and validate innovative technologies and approaches to make step-change improvements in process efficiency
- Support development of a portfolio of ex vivo gene therapies from early to late stage by executing development work and generating data.
- Responsible for compliant, clear and concise documentation and/or presentation of all experimental studies and results
- Maintaining good working relationships with third parties (contractors, suppliers, academic and industry groups) to ensure successful process development and/or technology transfer
- BSc / MSc in biology, cell biology, immunology or related scientific discipline with at least 1 year of experience in tissue culture techniques
- Experience in analytical techniques such as flow cytometry
- Experience working in cell and gene therapy, process development and / or GMP is desirable
- Strong organisational and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable ability to work independently
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.