Consumer Health Transformation Project Management Office – Project Manager – Change, Comms and Culture
Until August 2020 with the view to extend
Up to £600 per day (Umbrella only)
Organisational Role Fit
This role reports into the Transformation Project Management Office which is responsible for deliver the Integration of Pfizer Consumer Health with GSK Consumer Health and ultimately the separation of GSK Consumer Health.
- Reports to Project Director within Transformation Project Office
- Manages a matrix team of 5-50 people
- Based at GSK House, Brentford
The primary focus of the role is to partner with relevant business leads to deliver the Change, Comms and Culture agenda for the Integration of Pfizer and GSK Consumer Health businesses.
This role is vital in the implementation of the most important elements of the Consumer Healthcare (CH) strategy. The impact of the role is immediate in terms of ensuring effective organization, mobilization, planning and executing key projects critical to commercial success and organizational health. Effective management and project delivery is vital to CH and thus GSK’s return to shareholders.
- Lead the project design effort including team resourcing and structure, governance, issues / risks escalation and decision processes, ways of working, meetings structure all within the wider Integration governance approach.
- Act as a coach and role model to the project team to help embed the best practice project management process and ways of working.
- Manage and deliver against all project objectives as per agreed project charter (scope, time, budget, resources and quality).
- Identify and engage and manage stakeholders. Ensure effective communications plan is in place and managed on an on-going basis. Preparation of materials for forums such as Steering Committees and other Governance forums as required
- Lead the planning process, establish and manage project plan including internal and external dependencies.
- Programme reporting to include weekly updates as required, management of programme meetings, maintenance of project documents in line with agreed requirements.
- Establish and manage effective project tracking and reporting process suitable for reporting at various management levels (Time / KPIs / Benefit / Quality/Risk Management /Learnings) at various stakeholder levels.
- Proven self-starter
- Spots complexity and understands approaches to deal with it
- Rapid learning ability to deal with complex and novel situations
- Actively seek assistance to deal with situations beyond own ability to manage
- Questions for understanding
- Sustained high energy levels, energises team and can influence it to tackle problems
- Highly objective, open and honest about issues
- Credibility when dealing with Senior Stakeholders•
Required Soft Skills
- Is credible when challenging/leading senior stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role
- Forms effective and lasting networks with colleagues across functions
- Advanced listening skills. Able to interpret the stakeholder needs and views and manage them by providing suitable project solutions
- Good knowledge of multi cultural and multi functional specificities and ways of working
- Able to effectively influence within project team and across stakeholder groups
- Competent in working with team dynamics and leadership principles
- Organisational: Managing a highly complex project made up of numerous workstreams
- Functions / Geographies: Across multiple GSK functions and geographies
- Matrix Management: Comfortable in influencing without authority across functions up to the functional management teams.
- Decision Making: Able to design and embed bespoke decision-making process to suit project complexity and structure
- External Parties: Actively involved in on-boarding and on-going management of external parties. Effectively integrates external teams into the project structure.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a face paced, complex environment and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Large scale transformation programme experience, particularly closely with change and comms teams within a corporate environment
- 3-5 years of project management skills and aptitude coupling both hard and soft skills that has included multifunctional projects in a complex matrix.
- Experience of managing multiple complex stakeholders in different functions and regions. Aptitude or experience to teach and coach project management, continuous improvement and GSK Fundamentals.
- Project experience should include the design, planning, governance, phasing and implementation of a projects as well as tools and techniques for issues and risk management, decision making and reporting within the rigour of a PMO
- Well developed soft skills are essential for success.
- Experience of change management approaches
- MS Project and SharePoint fluent, good working knowledge of MS Office
- Project or Programme Management qualification (Eg APM, PMI, MSP or Prince 2)
- Appreciation of organisation risk management
Role Specific Requirements
- Educated to degree level or an ability to demonstrate equivalent learning agility.
- The position requires an ability to learn rapidly and also to create novel solutions to intractable problems; level of education is a strong predictor of the ability to command high degrees of complexity reduction and simplification. The ability to apply different models and approaches is known to make a strong contribution to high performance project teamwork.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?