Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) Finance Partner
GSK House, Brentford
12 Month Contract
Pay: up to £570 per day
Are you energized by a highly visible finance role that allows you to build partnerships with the business, help influence senior stakeholders and shape the strategic business plan? If so, the Finance Partner role could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
This role supports the WREF organisation in providing robust financial control and assisting the UK site directors in owning and delivering their budgets. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate: commercial acumen, strategic insight, rigorous analysis, proactive challenge and exceptional partnering.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Driving Partnerships
- Catalyst for Change
- Option Analysis & Decision Making
- Questioning & Challenging
- Being Enterprise Minded
- Communicating for Results.
- Provide financial and strategic advice to members of WREF UK teams to actively contribute to delivery of overall financial performance.
- Partnering as a key member of respective management teams
- Manage and improve the WREF occupancy allocation model and move towards a standardised model
- Contribute to WREF financial performance through rigorous analysis and analytical decision making.
- Facilitate dialogue, debate and challenge with stakeholders through visual and clearly presented options and analysis.
- Challenge Capital resource allocation at UK sites and at WREF level and ensure the optimum resource allocation.
Influence and build relationships:
- Establish strong partnerships with functional/business senior management by understanding the business area, objectives, needs and issues.
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by creating and leveraging a network of key partners within finance, the business and external partners (FM providers, Capital Project providers.)
- Work across GSK to deliver the annual occupancy model and communicate this to senior financial stakeholders across GSK
- Work across geographical boundaries, to support teams across sites in the UK as well as APAC and EMEA
- Build strong relationships with central finance services teams to seamlessly deliver actuals
Financial management and governance:
- Interpret monthly results through a financial lens to understand drivers and impact of commercial decisions and identify areas of action.
- Lead the preparation of UK budgets and forecasts for WREF - including actioning plans to achieve required savings, insightful commentary and timely identification of risks and opportunities.
- Oversee Financial Governance of large outsourced contracts and provide support to the GSK teams.
- Finance or business degree and Professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA) with 5+ years PQE
- Experience of detailed cost budgetary control and variance analysis
- Experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision support
- Significant demonstrable partnering experience
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.