- Lead the hands-on delivery and project management of assigned workstream initiatives towards achieving target outcomes and benefits/value, in line with agreed expectations around scope, timing, budget & quality.
- Provide proactive management of initiative scope, plans, risks, issues, dependencies and benefits in line with agreed standards set by PMO and GTO above.
- Provide high levels of assurance, transparency as well as accurate and timely MI to the Workstream PMO and Delivery Lead.
- Translates initiative objectives into actionable implementation plans. Owns the detailed end-to-end plans across all relevant initiatives, providing coverage across detailed design, HR/consultation activity and key delivery milestones. Manages dependencies between initiatives and broader workstream transformation activity and surfaces these to PMO.
- Leads key project management activities for relevant initiatives, including: plan management, tracking and reporting of delivery progress/status; identification, evaluation and resolution of risks, issues, dependencies; tracking, development and assurance of initiative deliverables / toll-gates; management and reporting of KPIs, benefits and actions.
- Provides end-to-end oversight of plan across all relevant initiatives. Ownership of hands-on project management activity is differentiated based on type of activity/initiative:
- Across all initiative types: Project manages detailed design activity across all initiatives
- Across all initiative types: Project manages eliminate / simplify initiatives end-to-end
- Across all initiative types: Project manages business activities required for automate initiatives (data prep/verification, business requirements definition, business readiness etc)
- Specifically for move initiatives: Project manages through Tollgates 0 and 1 (see Delivery Framework for detail)
- Involved in toll-gate preparations, deliverable development and meetings as per delivery framework.
- Leads the resolution of issues/problems by bringing together experts to drive consensus on the way forward with a ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Identify, engage and manage relevant stakeholders. Manage delivery interactions with key workstream roles including HR, Change/ Comms, Value Capture, operating model SMEs and transition managers.
- Adheres to workstream governance requirements and standards set by the Delivery Lead / PMO. Represents the initiatives at Workstream meetings and leads any initiative-specific delivery/governance meetings..
- Provides ongoing clarity, transparency and assurance to the Workstream PMO on status/progress, plans, risks, dependencies, quality and escalations.
- Drives a ‘can-do’ and continuous improvement culture. Shares good practice with broader programme
Target Capability Profile
- High performers with demonstrable track record of project delivery and impact.
- Strong project management capability / technical expertise – demonstrable success in managing project delivery within key strategic programmes within GSK or other global highly matrixed companies.
- Confident, proactive self-starters, comfortable in managing / engaging others and in dealing with and navigating ambiguity or shifting context.
- Primarily execution focused but works to understand broader strategic context and ensure strategic alignment.
- A consulting-type skillset / mindset - strong influencing/relationship-building, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, supported by strong EQ and learning agility.
- Ideally experience or subject matter knowledge of the function in question and / or key transformation levers (e.g. process re-design; offshoring / outsourcing; automation)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com