- Design, establish and deliver a programme of initiatives to achieve the transformation objectives for your workstream in line with agreed expectations around scope, timing, budget & quality.
- Resolve issues and manage interdependencies across the projects, cross workstreams and other transformation programmes impacting your workstream
- Provide high levels of assurance, transparency as well as accurate and timely MI to your workstream stakeholders and Transformation office.
- End-to-end responsibility for the successful delivery and deployment of the transformation for each workstream – owning schedule / plans; scope, issue resolution, resources and cost
- Establish effective ways of working to co-ordinate the functional transformation team across the projects in your workstream including HR, change, subject matter experts, PMO, value capture
- Defines strong but pragmatic workstream governance in support of rapid decision-making, empowered ways of working and controlled delivery at pace. Leads all key workstream delivery/governance meetings as appropriate – defines the terms of reference, IPO and coordinates inputs and tracking / escalation of actions.
- Support the Business Lead in engaging with and managing stakeholders throughout the transformation (working with Change & Comms Lead)
- Work with other transformation delivery leads to identify and mitigate interdependencies across the transformation programme, across other transformations happening within your function and the change landscape for your function
- Run effective risk and issue management processes to ensure risks are identified early and mitigation plans are well defined and implemented.
- Leads the translation of initiative objectives into actionable implementation plans. Leads Joint Planning Sessions and coordinates / prioritises activity across the workstream.
- Provides clarity to Transformation Office and key stakeholders on status / progress and escalations as appropriate.
- Drives a ‘can-do’ and continuous improvement culture. Shares good practice with broader programme.
Target Capability Profile
- High performing leader with demonstrable track record of complex delivery and impact.
- Strong transformation leadership capability – demonstrable success in leading global transformation at the (x-)functional, business or enterprise level within GSK or other global highly matrixed companies.
- Confident, proactive leader, comfortable in managing / engaging with senior stakeholders and in dealing with and navigating ambiguity or shifting context.
- Understands broader strategic context and ensure strategic alignment. Proven ability to translate from strategy into transformation delivery
- Track record of building and leading high performing teams
- A consulting-type skillset / mindset - strong influencing/relationship-building, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, supported by strong EQ and learning agility.
- Ideally experience or subject matter knowledge of the function in question and / or key transformation levers (e.g. process re-design; offshoring / outsourcing; automation)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com