Buyer: Procurement, Operations
External Supply (ES) is responsible for managing the network who provide a range of finished Pharmaceutical products to patients through Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMOs).
In this role you will;
- Be the Procurement one point of contact for the ES Regional Operational teams
- Provide the interface between the ES Category teams and the ES Regional Operational teams, understanding business requirements, resolving commercial issues and aligning category strategies with operational activity.
- Own and manage CMOs aligned to the specific Procurement Operations regional role, to include negotiation, contracting, benefit delivery and SRM.
- This role will support a significant spend of circa £400m. You will manage impact and risk of key and transactional Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) including direct accountability for low spend, non-strategic CMOs.
Your Day to Day Duties
- Partner and align with the ES Regional Operations teams to define business requirements and represent ES category strategies.
- Be the Procurement representative in the Regional Operations teams
- Lead the handover between category and operations teams for projects moving to steady state operational management.
- Provide second touch resolution for commercial issues to the Regional Operational teams.
- Systems support for operational activities aligned to all CMOs within the region.
For responsible CMOs;
- Negotiate and execute contracts designed to protect GSK
- Develop ideas of areas for cost reductions
- Lead SRM if appropriate for aligned CMOs to facilitate benefit delivery.
- Savings Champion for the Regional Operational team.
- Support Procurement Compliance projects across the Strategy and Procurement team
- Provide local/regional knowledge to the Category teams as needed.
- Support specific Category projects as needed.
- Act as the Europe Procurement Operations Manager deputy when required
- Be the champion/process owner of specific procurement compliance projects for Global Procurement Operations team.
- Procurement experience in a Buying role
- Experienced within a Pharma, Healthcare or FMCG environment
- Direct procurement experience, for example within raw materials or finished products
- Experience working in a matrixed and highly regulated environment
- Degree qualified, ideally within related subject
- Experience working within External Supply
- Further Procurement related qualifications, for example CIPS, MCIPS
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com