Global Category Leader
Up to £915 per day (PAYE / Umbrella ONLY)
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
• Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
• Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
A Global Category Leader is required on an interim basis to assist with buying Indian off shore/out sourced IT services. You willhave had strong experience working for large corporate buying outsourced/off shored Indian IT services from the likes of TCS. This is a senior role so will need to have done this at a high level.
- To lead the creation, execution and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for specified global spend categories within the responsibility scope of CBS Procurement
- Leveraging deep category and market expertise
- Operating in a truly global manner
- Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
- Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
- Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
- Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
- Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Ensuring financial value delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups, to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
- Creating and delivering effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
- Leading, developing and managing the supply base for the in scope spend categories
- Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?