EVO Transformational Change Team Lead (Cross Functional workstream)
Up to £750 per day (PAYE / Umbrella only)
In Spring 2019 GSK completed a decade long transformation journey to deploy SAP to their global business. At its heart the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) programme’s mission was to simplify and standardize business processes, system landscape, and operating model.
The ERP template is now live in 140+ markets, with approximately 118,000 end users spread across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latina.
We have shifted from being an ERP programme, to a steady state organization known as ERP Value Optimisation (EVO). EVO’s key drivers are to resolve pain points in the ERP template, embrace new technologies and integrate them to SAP, and ultimately deliver products and solutions of value for our stakeholders and business teams.
This is an exciting time for the team, as we enable the business to leverage the value of the SAP asset, and ensure our work directly contributes to GSKs mission to become the most innovative, high performing, trusted healthcare company in the world. We believe we are creating something truly special in EVO, where we are able to embrace new ways of doing things, approach our delivery with an agile mindset, and bring our best creative selves to our work.
EVO has a large scope of (30+) global projects, many of which are significant end to end transformations, that not only enhance the ERP template (including integrated technologies – e.g. Concur, Fiori, Quantum etc), but also create impactful behaviour shifts in our people, and can in some instances transform our processes and operating models.
- A Buying Goods and Services improvement programme, introducing new mobile apps and better user interfaces
- End to end transformation of our Finance processes to ensure a faster, better close
- A series of projects to further align the business to GSK’s commitment to make it easier for our employees to do their day to day activities
This is a senior role within the EVO Transformational Change Team, which consists of approximately 40 business change and communication managers and 25 learning professionals focused on a wide and interesting range of projects. This role is aligned to a specific functional tower (e.g. procurement, supply chain, finance or cross functional) and is a key thought partner and business partner to the aligned Global Process Owners and Tech Product Owners, understanding the roadmap of change for the function and being the single point of contact for all change, communications and training requirements to support the successful delivery of that roadmap into the business. You will be required to lead and support change and communication managers assigned to projects within the functional tower, that cut across multiple process and business areas, as well as having dotted line accountability for training professionals working on projects aligned to the functional tower.
Our team are experts in change, and thrive in fast paced, dynamic work environments where they can apply their experience and creativity, to drive change delivery and prepare our business for real, impactful transformation. GSK as a business is moving to Agile ways of working, where human centric design and employee experience is at the heart of our approach. We have a range of agile, hybrid and waterfall projects, meaning our approach needs to flex depending on the project methodology.
This role is a real opportunity to join a high performing global change function, that will be key to helping GSK evolve, and deliver value faster, and more effectively to our patients and customers, ultimately enabling them to do more, feel better, and live longer.
Reporting to the EVO Business Readiness and Capability Lead, the Transformational Change Lead is accountable for defining the overarching change, communications and learning strategy and plan for the aligned functional tower to enable the delivery of the vision and roadmap set out by the Global Process Owners (GPO) and Tech Product Owners (TPO). The Transformational Change Lead is both a thought partner and business partner to their aligned GPOs and TPOs, assessing the overall business impact of the roadmap of change initiatives and managing the pipeline of work into the team, the associated resourcing of those initiatives and the subsequent delivery of change, comms and training activities across the portfolio of work to enable the successful adoption of the change by the business.
The Transformational Change Lead will directly manage a team of skilled change and communication practitioners (a mix of perm employees, contract workers and third-party consultants), and indirectly manage training professionals aligned to projects within their functional tower. This role is the single point of contact for the full change, comms and learning service offering for the GPOs and TPOs.
The Transformational Change Lead will work closely with the other Transformational Change Leads aligned to the other functional areas, to ensure consistency of approach, sharing of best practice, alignment on resourcing across the Transformational Change Team, evolution of the EVO deployment framework and toolkit and ongoing continuous improvement initiatives. This role will also work closely with the EVO Learning Director, EVO Communications & Advocacy Director, and aligned GPOs, TPOs, Deployment Leads and business stakeholders.
• Partner with GPOs and TPOs to understand their vision and roadmap for the aligned functional area. Assess and advise on the impact of change for the business
• Accountable for the overarching change, comms and learning approach for the functional tower, recognizing that each individual initiative will require a tailored solution
• Accountable for managing the pipeline of work into the team and the associated resourcing of that work, to ensure best value delivery for the business
• Accountable for successful delivery of the change, comms and learning scope of work for the group of projects within the remit of the role – to plan, quality and budget
• Regularly report project progress and status to the Business Readiness and Capability Director, clearly identifying and articulating risks, issues, resolutions and management support required
• Responsible for managing a mixed team of contractors, external consultants and permanent members of staff to deliver business change, readiness, and engagement expertise for their assigned projects
• Coaches team members, and creates an environment where they feel supported, motivated and enabled to do their best work
• Work collaboratively with project and delivery teams to ensure “one team” ways of working and alignment across the wider change landscape
• Act as personal role model for GSK expectations, behaviours and ways of working and support the Transformational Change Director in creating and driving high performing team behaviours, and developing future strategy
• Support the maintenance and evolution of the EVO deployment framework and associated toolkit, as well as continuous improvement initiatives across the Transformational Change Team
• Design and delivery of team development interventions to support successful project delivery, e.g. project team kick off events, team ways of working interventions, leading through change interventions
• Proven track record of delivering transformational change on multiple large-scale (global or regional) ERP programmes (preferably SAP)
• 10-15 years + experience across change management, communications and training
• Strong track record of people management and of leading a portfolio of projects - not just leading a team for a single project/programme
• P2P, Finance, and Supply Chain experience strongly desirable
• Experience of designing and delivering team development interventions is desirable
• Experience of human centric design and agile methodology is desirable
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?