We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Ware, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you developing and performing analytical methods using a range of techniques, including LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and ion chromatography for GMP testing of drug substance and drug product.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
- Perform trace quantitative testing, particularly using LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and ion chromatography of drug substance and drug product using established analytical methods
- Preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets etc) for analysis
- Support the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product
- Own and manage interactions with key stakeholders, e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
- BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline
- Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products, in particular experience with trace level analysis
- Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, influence others and lead a project or team
- Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com