Finance Risk & Controls Manager
GSK House, Brentford
12 Month Contract
Pay: up to £580 per day
Finance Risk & Controls Manager – Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Program
GSK is deploying robotic automation to finance businesses processes across the world. In addition, there are many other system enhancement projects and business process change projects that will have a global impact on the business, the financial control environment and the financial risk profile.
There is a requirement for a resource in the Global Finance Risk Management and Controls, Projects & Change Management to work with the project teams (both IT and business) to assess the financial risks in the change activity (robotic automation), design appropriate controls, and support the roll out of those controls to the business.
Experience of finance system implementation projects and / or finance process change/transformation projects that include the design and embedding of financial controls across large and complex businesses is key to this role.
Reporting to the Senior Transformation Project Manager, work within the Robotic Process Automation project team to ensure that high standards of internal controls are maintained in finance robotic automation project solutions that include consideration of Sarbanes Oxley, Internal and External Audit, and other compliance/regulatory requirements.
Accountable for ensuring risk and control deliverables are satisfactorily met in the following areas:
Finance Internal Control Framework:
- Support Global Process Owners (GPO) in the assessment of appropriate processes for robotics automation.
- Review and risk assess the automation design and identify key finance process risks to GSK. Design and deploy key finance controls in the process automation change - working with functional and process owners to agree required controls to mitigate key risks.
- Identify opportunities to embed preventative automated controls vs. detective controls into processes as part of the automation project, thereby seeking to optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance control framework.
- Provide financial risk and controls subject matter expertise to RPA change projects, influence the project team to consider risk in all key project activities.
- Support automation project with Early Life Support activity to ensure automated processes are working as designed and the control environment is effective.
- Continually feedback learnings to the wider RPA program to improve the project methodology and reduce the risk in the change process.
- Maintain & update the Finance Internal Control Framework during the process change, including risk and control assessments for change, design of controls and identification of control ownership.
- Provide input to process documentation to cover related finance risks and control requirements.
- Work with project teams to ensure that finance controls are embedded and adequately documented and subject to appropriate testing before the automation is deployed.
- Work with operations and local country teams to ensure that Key Controls are tested to the required standard and able to be operated and compliant to design in each process area.
- Engage with the auditors to inform them of the impact of RPA on relevant controls and explain the processes undertaken to assess the finance risk in the key finance processes where RPA has been introduced.
- Ensuring financial risk to the GSK business is controlled and mitigated in robotics automation projects by implementing an optimal Finance Internal Controls Framework as part of the change process.
- Ensuring financial risk to the GSK business is mitigated through the effective design, build and test of controls.
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the Finance Internal Control Framework in line with GSK financial policies and external regulations, such as Sarbanes Oxley.
- This person is expected to be an active member of the Global Finance Risk Management and Controls, Projects & Change Management team. Additionally, working closely with RPA, Tech and GPO project teams and local staff in the markets and processes impacted by change projects.
- Problem Solving:
- Defining and managing complex interdependencies across functional design and business requirements in order to appropriately mitigate risk.
- Supporting project delivery across multiple delivery organisations in order to best meet business requirements and mitigate risk.
- Requires strong finance business process, audit and risk mitigation knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior managers and stakeholders in different functions across the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Tenacious, determined and able to complete tasks within specified time constraints – a self starter.
- Good people skills and proven ability to influence at all levels and work within a team.
- CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA with a minimum 4-5 years Post Qualification or bachelor degree education in related discipline with equivalent experience.
- A Certified CISA qualification is desirable, not mandatory.
- Strong finance background with commercial experience.
- Experience in finance processes and operations, including 4-5 years in SOX Compliance, Internal Audit, Financial Control and/or Risk Management.
- Experience with internal control design and risk identification.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley legislation.
- Experience of an SAP/ERP implementation / global business process change project environment.
- Highly desirable - previous experience of a Robotics Automation project / program, either in the design or the deployment or in risk management / audit.
- Knowledge of both Pharmaceutical industry and GSK’s business processes and systems.
- SAP functional experience – mixed modules, e.g. FICO, SD, MM and Integration.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.