Treasury Account Manager
GSK House, Brentford
6 Month Contract
Treasury Accounting delivers value to GSK by providing financial oversight and business partnership across businesses within the Group. We are primarily responsible for providing accounting advice on hedging and funding strategies to Corporate Treasury and to correctly report the nature of these transactions in the right legal entities.
The Treasury Accounting Manager sits in the Treasury Accounting team within Corporate Services and has key responsibilities for managing and co-ordinating the reporting activities for the main financing company of the GSK Group and the financing entities for our ViiV and Consumer Healthcare joint ventures. In this regard, there will be involvement in high profile transactions and expected to be the main accounting adviser for the Treasury elements of the transaction and any hedging proposals and can assist other businesses within GSK understand the accounting of hedging activities that mitigate foreign exchange risk.
In addition to the operational elements, the job holder will be encouraged to manage significant project responsibilities, such as the implementation of a new Treasury Management System which provides a good opportunity to improve and develop processes that will improve efficiency/accuracy through process improvements and additional automation.
In addition to the above, the key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the monthly and annual statutory reporting of various Treasury finance entities within a team of three Treasury professionals including an off-shore provider of services;
- Co-ordination of the timely and accurate delivery of information for Corporate Reporting relating to Corporate Treasury’s hedging activities and financial instrument valuations and its impact on GSK Group’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement; and
- Management of the documentation and effectiveness of accounting hedges under IFRS 9.
This role will report to the Director Treasury Accounting within Corporate Services.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant with experience in a treasury function and good understanding of derivative financial instruments;
- Knowledge of the impact of relevant accounting standards (IFRS 9, IAS 32, IFRS 7 and IAS 21), including practical exposure to hedge accounting principles;
- Have strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail; and
- A strong control focus is essential and knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework.
In addition to the above, the following skills and capabilities would help succeed in this role:
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within GSK which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of Treasury’s hedging activities.
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within GSK.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers daily operational deliverables and ad hoc projects with focus on managing multiple reporting deadlines and delivering results.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.