Information Scientist (Published Content)
Contract until end of September 2020
Up to £25.64 per hour (PAYE)
Primary responsibility is to provide user support, expert business consultancy on information retrieval/search strategies and direction for one or more areas of external published information (eg specialist external databases covering Life Science, Chemistry/Patents, Competitor/News,, and/or eJournals, eBooks, Document Delivery, Copyright) to maximise the benefits to GSK from the investment in external published information products and services.
- Gain and maintain content and technical knowledge of the specific supported external content and services, including influencing the vendors’ development plans. Be the recognised expert in at least one external content/service area. Understand how all products within a content/service area fit together to provide comprehensive coverage.
- Gain and maintain an awareness of the external published information landscape relevant to assigned content/service area.
- Maintain usage metrics/value measurements for assigned content/services to demonstrate return on investment, feed into content/service reviews and support effective contract negotiations.
- Lead or participate in the change management associated with upgrades to supported content and services, or for the implementation of new or alternative content and services.
- Liaise with internal IT groups and external vendors for content/service area.
- Lead or participate in portfolio reviews for supported content/services to make recommendations on improvements or changes.
- Partner with one or more business areas to ensure the portfolio meets their evolving needs • Participate in data and text analytics initiatives, by partnering with business/Tech groups leveraging published information resources
- Lead or participate in the marketing of, and training on, the supported content/services to ensure optimal return on investment by GSK staff.
- Provide user support and expert business consultancy on information retrieval/search strategies for supported content/services.
- In conjunction with Procurement, provide input to help to develop negotiation strategies to ensure cost-effective procurement of the required content/services.
- Degree in Life/Physical Science or Information Science
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Information Management
- Published Information content knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies that enhance and add value to published information products and services
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?