Communications Manager: ServiceNow
Role Purpose and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to drive engaging communications globally with the implementation of our collaborative tooling platform (Microsoft Teams) and/or our improved managed services platform (ServiceNow). It is critical that all the communications deliverables align with that of GSK’s strategy as they will enhance our innovation, performance and build trust, whilst impacting our culture positively by improving our way of working.
The role works closely with a wide variety of stakeholders across all functions to ensure that activities are aligned, coordinated and integrated.
- Develop communications strategies and plans, with target metrics, to support delivery of identified priorities
- Deliver engaging and creative communications that aligns with our values & expectations
- Build and develop relationships with influencers and stakeholders both in and outside Tech
- Test and learn new communications tactics to drive innovation and engagement
- Inspire colleagues to adopt the new platforms and change their way of working.
- Drive digital first approach to internal communication, delivering latest technologies and trend
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Experience delivering communications for large change programmes in Tech
- Experience of transformation communications planning and execution for a global matrixed organisation
- Tenacity, resilience and ability to work effectively under pressure and at pace
- Strong judgement and integrity
- Gravitas and influencing skills with the ability to build strong rapport with leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication and story-telling skills – must think outside the box to engage creatively
- Ability to effectively and proactively use internal social and digital channels
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Personable, able to cope with stress and is proactive in their approach
- Formal training in communication would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience in healthcare and IT/Tech would be an advantage but not a requirement
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex operational environment. Strong people-management skills and experience, as well as a proven ability to drive performance, are considered essential. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry (experience of the provision of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility would be highly advantageous).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
GSK’s Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focused services. The organisation oversees and operates circa 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical and consumer health R&D laboratories and pilot plants, as well as commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.