Communications Manager (Microsoft Teams Roll Out, Digital)
GSK House, Brentford
6 Month Initial Contract
Pay: up to £480 per day
GSK aspires to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. In Global Tech we have a unique opportunity to bring industry-leading power, pace and scale to all three of these strategic priorities and deliver the benefits they will bring to the people each of us ultimately come to work for – our patients and customers.
What makes our contribution particularly urgent and important is GSK’s need to navigate the storm of digital and technological disruption that will re-shape the pharmaceutical sector in the coming years. The same forces that are re-inventing industries from media and retail to banking and insurance with unprecedented speed have been slower to impact healthcare and life sciences. Now they have arrived.
Tech has always provided the foundation for keeping GSK running effectively and efficiently. But in this new paradigm our role has expanded. We have an urgent mandate to act as the organisation’s headlights, showing the way forward to winning in a digitising world. Making it easier for our colleagues to collaborate across functions and locations is a priority in supporting them to achieve the GSK purpose.
Role Purpose and Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to drive engaging communications globally with the implementation of our collaborative tooling platform (Microsoft Teams) and/or our improved managed services platform (ServiceNow). It is critical that all the communications deliverables align with that of GSK’s strategy as they will enhance our innovation, performance and build trust, whilst impacting our culture positively by improving our way of working.
The role works closely with a wide variety of stakeholders across all functions to ensure that activities are aligned, coordinated and integrated.
- Develop communications strategies and plans, with target metrics, to support delivery of identified priorities
- Deliver engaging and creative communications that aligns with our values & expectations
- Build and develop relationships with influencers and stakeholders both in and outside Tech
- Test and learn new communications tactics to drive innovation and engagement
- Inspire colleagues to adopt the new platforms and change their way of working.
- Drive digital first approach to internal communication, delivering latest technologies and trend
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Experience delivering communications for large change programmes in Tech
- Experience of transformation communications planning and execution for a global matrixed organisation
- Tenacity, resilience and ability to work effectively under pressure and at pace
- Strong judgement and integrity
- Gravitas and influencing skills with the ability to build strong rapport with leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication and story-telling skills – must think outside the box to engage creatively
- Ability to effectively and proactively use internal social and digital channels
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Personable, able to cope with stress and is proactive in their approach
- Formal training in communication would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Experience in healthcare and IT/Tech would be an advantage but not a requirement
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.