6 months initially
£490 - 540 per day (PAYE / Umbrella)
GSK aspires to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. In Global Tech we have a unique opportunity to bring industry-leading power, pace and scale to all three of these strategic priorities and deliver the benefits they will bring to the people each of us ultimately come to work for – our patients and customers.
What makes our contribution particularly urgent and important is GSK’s need to navigate the storm of digital and technological disruption that will re-shape the pharmaceutical sector in the coming years. The same forces that are re-inventing industries from media and retail to banking and insurance with unprecedented speed have been slower to impact healthcare and life sciences. Now they have arrived.
Tech has always provided the foundation for keeping GSK running effectively and efficiently. But in this new paradigm our role has expanded. We have an urgent mandate to act as the organisation’s headlights, showing the way forward to winning in a digitising world. It is our technology and people that will enable GSK and its operating model to adapt to fully embrace the disruptive digital agenda.
But to fulfil this responsibility successfully, we must first transform ourselves whilst preparing for the creation of two new companies in the next few years.
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to drive engaging communications to support GSK’s Tech Transformation, with particular focus on the separation preparation for our two new companies in the next few years. It is critical that all the communications deliverables align with that of GSK’s strategy, but is tailored to suit our own parallel Tech Transformation.
The role works closely with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the Tech Leadership Team as well as in the GSK Transformation programme to ensure that activities are aligned, coordinated and integrated. There will also be some major Tech changes to our platforms, services and infrastructure that will require enterprise-wide communications as the impact will improve our way of working.
- Develop communications strategies and plans, with target metrics, to support delivery of identified priorities
- Deliver communications with empathy and in an open & transparent way that aligns with our values & expectations
- Build and develop relationships with influencers and stakeholders both in and outside Tech
- Test and learn new communications tactics to drive innovation and engagement
- Provide strategic counsel to stakeholders, advising them on optimum solutions for best practice communications
- Drive digital first approach to internal communication, delivering latest technologies and trend
- The activities that come within the scope of this role are diverse, often with many interdependencies as well as sensitivities
- The role involves considerable matrix working, influencing and stakeholder management and moves at pace
Key skills and attributes:
- Experience delivering large organisational change and developing and deploying global campaigns to a diverse audience
- Experience of transformation communications planning and execution for a global matrixed organisation
- Tenacity, resilience and ability to work effectively under pressure and at pace
- Strong judgement and integrity
- Gravitas and influencing skills with the ability to build strong rapport with leaders at the most senior level
- Strong verbal and written communication and story-telling skills
- Ability to effectively and proactively use internal social and digital channels
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Personable, able to cope with stress and is proactive in delivery
• Formal training in communication would be an advantage but not a requirement
• Experience in healthcare and IT/Tech would be an advantage but not a requirement
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?