- To lead the creation, execution and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for specified global spend categories within the responsibility scope of CBS Procurement ? Leveraging deep category and market expertise
- Expeosure in M&A / Divestiture processes.
- Operating in a truly global manner
- Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
- Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
- Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
- Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Ensuring financial value delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups, to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework Creating and delivering effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework Leading, developing and managing the supply base for the in scope spend categories
- Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex operational environment. Strong people-management skills and experience, as well as a proven ability to drive performance, are considered essential. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry (experience of the provision of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility would be highly advantageous).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
GSK’s Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focused services. The organisation oversees and operates circa 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical and consumer health R&D laboratories and pilot plants, as well as commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.