GSK Barnard Castle
10 Month Contract
Pay: £11.54 per hour (PAYE)
(days only, no shift work)
Microbiological Technologist reporting to the Team Manager of the relevant unit and responsible for performing a wide range of biologically related activities.
- To be multi skilled and demonstrate a level of specialism in a minimum of the disciplines listed above, employing high standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- To be knowledgeable in regulatory requirements associated with their specialism area.
- To be able to work without direct supervision in their area of specialism on the Barnard Castle site or other sites as required.
- To develop methodology for new or modified techniques and prepare written SOPs/Methods.
- To train junior staff in any aspects of their work as specified by the Team Manager.
- Create documentation, methods, procedures, protocols and reports to agreed targets.
- To support investigations/projects within their specialism within the department.
- To participate/represent the department on major site projects.
- To prepare and publish reports/analyse monitoring data as directed by the Team Manager.
- To liaise efficiently and effectively with Production/Quality Assurance (QA) and other corporate groups as required.
- Support audit readiness activities.
- To support routine monitoring programmes within their areas of specialism.
- To provide active support to Team Manager during regulatory inspection.
Preferred Level of Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge in at least one area of Pharmaceutical Microbiology i.e. Environmental Control, Finished Product Testing (Endotoxin, Sterility or Microbial Limit testing) Sterilisation, Biological Indicators, Microbial Identification.
- Detailed understanding of the GSK Quality Management System and relevant legislation
- Effective organisation, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Effective communication skills
- IT skills
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.