Senior Treasury Accountant: IFRS 9, IAS32, Treasury, FTSE 100
- Treasury Accounting
- Prepare and post all required month end journals for the main finance entity in GSK. Journals to be raised in accounting systems. Preparation of trial balance.
- Maintenance and preparation of accounting data for month end.
- Prepare, review and comment on all control files to support trial balance.
- Perform full reconciliations on balance sheet accounts providing commentary and movement analysis.
- Upload trial balance into consolidation platform and perform controls.
- Produce year end statutory accounts in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Ensure an effective control environment is maintained with controls carried out within deadlines.
- As part of this team, you will provide financial support for certain key deliverables and operate as a subject matter expert to provide support, assistance and guidance to the business as needed.
- Continually reviewing processes and systems to identify improvements and opportunities, simplifying and automating where appropriate.
- Support the Manager - with financial reporting obligations relating to the Treasury finance entities at key reporting periods and ad-hoc projects.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified accountant with treasury accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills a requirement (comfortable with large Excel models)
- SAP knowledge beneficial
- Exposure to Group reporting or Corporate HQ beneficial
- Experience of working in a large FTSE 100 or similar organization beneficial
- Strong technical experience, ideally in Treasury Accounting with IFRS 9 and IAS 32.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex operational environment. Strong people-management skills and experience, as well as a proven ability to drive performance, are considered essential. It is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions. You will need to be persuasive, have a strong continuous improvement mindset, and have proven experience of dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry (experience of the provision of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility would be highly advantageous).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
GSK’s Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) deliver the right space in the right location, and at the right cost, with industry competitive and customer focused services. The organisation oversees and operates circa 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all pharmaceutical and consumer health R&D laboratories and pilot plants, as well as commercial office accommodation for all GSK business units. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment.