Finance Manager: CERPS/ ERP Value Optimisation
GSK House, Brentford
12 Month Contract
Pay: up to £344 per day
GSK’s global ERP Programme is one of the world’s largest SAP deployments. The programme is about more than just implementing an IT system, it is a truly global process transformation that is essential to GSK’s success that is visible to the most senior members of the organisation.
The objective of the Programme is to deliver standard commercial and manufacturing processes on a common SAP software platform. This is a key enabler for other strategic initiatives aimed at simplifying our operating model and standardising our approach on a global scale, such as the implementation of a Global Financial Services strategy and Transformation projects.
This role is responsible for all activities required to deliver the monthly financial close, including accruals preparation, intercompany transactions and periodic controls such as Balance Sheet reconciliations. It also acts as the finance lead for budgeting and reporting EVO Agile initiatives and is visible amongst Tech project teams, both operationally and from a financial perspective.
This role needs to operate in a commercial and financial environment, to help deliver financial savings and commercial thinking, forecast project outturns as well as ensuring accounting principles are adhered to. The programme is migrating from a global deployment phase, into leveraging how to maximise the value of the system and deployment to tail markets.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to challenge budget owners to deliver maximum return for the most cost-effective investment and produce highly accurate budgets.
- Must hold recognised finance qualification (ACCA/ACMA preferred)
- Experience managing project budgets
- SOX controls experience, including and not limited to balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong excel modelling skills
- Experienced month-end activities including journals, dashboards and commentary
- Demonstrated capability to be able to operate in a commercial role, working closely with operational teams and delivering impacts to the bottom line. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to interpret financial results, within the commercial context to explain performance
- Demonstrated success in partnering with commercial/ operational teams to drive value making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse, multi-national team at various management levels.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with stakeholders required
- Tech business partnering experience
- Coordinate month-end close activities, including preparation of all major spend accruals, such as for project resources, POs and statement of work (SOW).
- Completing any reclass journal entries required, including Intercompany.
- Own the month-end checklist.
- Responsible for meeting all applicable SOX and controls framework requirements
- Creation of CAPEX and OPEX project codes and Cost Centres
- Modelling depreciation forecasts and capitalisation of Assets at CAPEX project go-live
- Act as AGILE Project & Competency Centre cost controller vs budget, financial governance, and policy compliance.
- Coordinate with business partners to track financial progress / maintenance of the costs to complete (spend outlook).
- Provide management with clear, concise and meaningful reporting and analysis; communicate appropriate explanation for exceptions and variances.
- Other ad-hoc activities as deemed applicable to the role
- Deliver Month-end close in accordance to prescribed timelines and controls requirements.
- Clear/concise communications on financial and operational topics
- Presentations to management to update on progress/ guide decision making
- Develop budget / forecasts for Agile projects, Depreciation and Competency Centre
- Work with Agile Project teams quarterly to deliver accurate spend tracking and forecasting for EVOB
- Raise financial risks/issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner.
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.