Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
• Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
• Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you supporting the GMP testing of drug substance and drug product using HPLC-MS and HPLC-MS/MS.
The successful candidate will be involved with a ange of activities including:
• Performs routine analysis of moderate complexity by following methods e.g HPLC-MS and HPLC-MS/MS
• Preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets etc) for analysis
• Own and manage interactions with third parties (contractors, suppliers, testing laboratories, academic and industry groups), e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
• Will assist in generating analytical data for regulatory submissions.
• Support the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product during product development
• BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline
• Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products
• Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills
• Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
• Demonstrable ability to work independently, influence others and lead a project or team
• Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?